1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are comparing male figures with thicker arms, & naturally with thicker material covering them.

The female rubber arms are literally like twigs - perspective please. :lol

I haven't had good luck with Hot Toys rubber stuff. My Sheva from Resident Evil 5 was in a pose with arm bent for a long while, and when I went to change the pose, there was a rip in the rubber. I don't mind the joints on exposed arms, honestly. Especially, the new ball joint style that's used on the female figures with unexposed arms. I also just purchased the ED-209 from a member here right before the whole deterioration thing came to light. Don't even get me started on the Aliens.

Anyway, I'd love to have the new Aliens Ripley without the new Power Loader. I know this new set's going to be really expensive, so I'm cool with the PL I already have, but just a new Ripley would be nice to have.

I'm not complaining about anything. This is a dream figure. The final figure will be great.

If you're reading this Hot Toys, thank you.

Now make John McClane!

How much was the original power loader? I'm guesstimating this combo to have Weaver come in at around $230 or so, and the power loader maybe another $250-300? I'd be surprised if the pair went over $499.99...but I guess it all depends on the materials and could reach upwards of $599.99. So yeah, likely between $500-600 I guess...

I seem to remember the original loader being around $250.

I also seem to remember thinking that was a LOT of money to pay for a collectible.

We were so young and innocent then.

How much was the original power loader? I'm guesstimating this combo to have Weaver come in at around $230 or so, and the power loader maybe another $250-300? I'd be surprised if the pair went over $499.99...but I guess it all depends on the materials and could reach upwards of $599.99. So yeah, likely between $500-600 I guess...

It was $250.

Okay, thanks. So $499.99 to $549.99 would likely be where this one lands...with $599.99 being as high as I could see it go. Unless they make the power loader die cast or something -- which I can't really see happening. Damn you waiting game.

I really want an accurate Alien. Medicom is the closest 1/6 so far, but it's tiny.
All HT Aliens are completely inaccurate.

More aliens would be cool. I'd prefer that they make them like bigger, better Figuarts than go with the rubber again .

Hot Toys better make the pegs more secure this time around or they'll have the same broken hoses as the previous Power Loader. Hopefully they learned something, unlike the new ED-209 :gah:

Metal pegs would be nice. I won't give them the benefit of the doubt on fixing any problem features anymore , though.

:lol

tumblr_n98e95Pzt21tszo5co1_1280.jpg

Improvement certainly, but its not exactly huge. We got a generic cartoony head before and now we've got a more realistic looking generic head. Might aswell not have had her likeness rights :lol

I'm being mean, sorry. I'm going to the pub. *leaves*

Last edited:
I'd definitely call that a "huge" upgrade. I just hope we get a new Hicks out of this. With helmet and separate spiky hair "escape from Operations" headsculpt. Maybe a melted breast plate just for fun.

I can just see HT's announcement going like:

'And that's not all! We are delighted to announce we will also be revisiting the Colonial Marines with updated techniques as of 2014! Fans, please stay tuned for update!'

My reaction reading something like that will first be like:

Hudson.jpg

Then it'll be all like:

Aliens-Hudson's-reaction-to-knife-trick.png

I'd definitely call that a "huge" upgrade. I just hope we get a new Hicks out of this. With helmet and separate spiky hair "escape from Operations" headsculpt. Maybe a melted breast plate just for fun.

You and I both. This and Two Face 2.0 are my most coveted figures right now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I bet we'll get a Ripley without the Power Loader, so they can maximize their sales. Hopefully both will come with the blue shirt and jacket.
My guess is they'll do it like Robocop where you could just get him alone or with the chair. This version of Ripley will probably be offered with just her or with the Power Loader. Personally I like the version from Alien more so I'll get that one instead.

Back