1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interview with Chan stating that she didn't approve for a while until recently.

10552567_10152317176578108_5303025576101437245_n.jpg

I've still got all my old Marines. Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez, Apone, and the Power Loader w/ Ripley. Don't know if it's worth selling any of them at this point. Same thing happened to me with the original Celtic Predator.

Yeah, not sure what to do with my old Powerloader or if I'll even go for the new one - I'm kind of assuming an Aliens version of Ripley will also get a standalone release so I could theoretically just buy that to go with my old Loader. The new loader certainly looks better but after ED-209 I have no faith that it won't have the same problems the old one does. Its actually the only part of the original Hot Toys Aliens line I have left.

Yeah, not sure what to do with my old Powerloader or if I'll even go for the new one - I'm kind of assuming an Aliens version of Ripley will also get a standalone release so I could theoretically just buy that to go with my old Loader. The new loader certainly looks better but after ED-209 I have no faith that it won't have the same problems the old one does. Its actually the only part of the original Hot Toys Aliens line I have left.

I think sculpt wise, the old and new powerloader will be 90% similar. Its whether you are satisfied with the old paintwork in comparison.

I'm gonna keep my old one and hopefully someone will sell off the new Ripley Head, and i'll just replace that. Good enough for me.

The old one i got for about USD180 at the time, i don't see the new version anything under $320.- Not worth the updgrade for me. But congrats to all the newcomers that missed out.

It depends. Sometimes the announcements go up during the con, other times they go up after. There have been some convention reveals where the preorders didn't go up until months later, which I suspect will be the case here. Optimistically, I'd guess October.

Then there were the reveals that never got to the preorder stage (X-Men: First Class, Prometheus).

With Hot toys remaking the power loader what are the chances of a Alien Queen?

This. I've stayed away from the Alien line just in case they started to remake them and I would likely only want Power loader and a queen. I know the older aliens look pretty nice but I imagine HT could crush the old designs now.

I've still got all my old Marines. Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez, Apone, and the Power Loader w/ Ripley. Don't know if it's worth selling any of them at this point. Same thing happened to me with the original Celtic Predator.

This. I've stayed away from the Alien line just in case they started to remake them and I would likely only want Power loader and a queen. I know the older aliens look pretty nice but I imagine HT could crush the old designs now.

The old Ripley wasn't exactly burning up ebay for top dollar before it became horribly horribly obsolete. Not sure what I'll do with my old one...make a colonist?

As for my other marines, even if they don't get outright replaced, they will look so dated next to the new figures that they will need to be heavily reworked. Guess it could be a fun project...

unfortunately the xenos body is rubber heavy. and HT did not learn anything from their rotting ed209 v.1, v.2 is rotting waaaay faster than the first. unless they resolve the rubber issue or stay the hell away from it, they wont do justice for them xenos.
as much as i like a 1:6 alien queen, that is impossible to mass produce, they cant even sell that batwing in !:6 scale.lolz

Thought i was out of collecting HT.. havn't bought one in well over a year ( not including my PO of robocop ).
With the reveal of these,HT's drawing me back in.:thud:

Safer to stick to Colonial Marines.

I've never collected 'teams' in 1/6 before. I plan to do so with QMX's Firefly series, and if HT were to remake the Marines I would certainly buy them all.

you need to save or bookmark the building your colonial marines properly thread. :lecture

unfortunately the xenos body is rubber heavy. and HT did not learn anything from their rotting ed209 v.1, v.2 is rotting waaaay faster than the first. unless they resolve the rubber issue or stay the hell away from it, they wont do justice for them xenos.
as much as i like a 1:6 alien queen, that is impossible to mass produce, they cant even sell that batwing in !:6 scale.lolz

Good point. And I just shipped my ED back to SS too. Didn't have any damage yet but I knew it would be coming sooner or later. They really need to figure that rubber issue out. It's going to really ruin a lot of potentially great releases.

For use with the Loader I think the closed lip version is more intense and determined, but I'd love to use this head if you comes with hand held weapons.

14072513186e434374a03324cc.jpg

10367801_334176170073348_6508128419091852131_n.jpg

10580002_334175833406715_2495065394647093658_n.jpg

10583855_703128216428622_6849018275212734579_n.jpg

Makes me realize how skinny this body (particularly the neck) is. But a huge improvement in likeness. Great expression, too.

Back