1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which could end up being what we get. :dunno They don't always change things.

Why do people keep bringing up the word ''prototype'' like as though that's gonna (or even should) stop people from talking about it.

True, but why freak out until we see the final?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Likeness seems a lot better here so far. Weaver's facial features are pretty different in both films though, so I appreciate that HT didn't just use the same base sculpt for both. Iminime actually modded a great Aliens Ripley sculpt into the one ultimately used for Alien Ripley, and she looks a bit too old for that reason. Pretty sure I will get this new Power Loader to replace my older one.

As for the arms, I don't like it, but it's not as big a deal here as it is with Batman to me. With a female body, you can always do a swap to another one. Not so easy when you've got a distinctive suit specially made out of rubber for a figure.

Which could end up being what we get. :dunno They don't always change things.

Why do people keep bringing up the word ''prototype'' like as though that's gonna (or even should) stop people from talking about it.
Because people like to complain. . .about other people's opinions for some reason.

Because people like to complain. . .about other people's opinions for some reason.

I think I remember a-dev having a caveat in his signature to the effect that just because he didn't say 'imo' after every post, it didn't mean that whatever he was saying wasn't simply an opinion.

That's what concerns me too. :(

Yeah.. go check out the HT ED-209 thread, that'll bring you up to speed on them making old mistakes. :lol

That was a recycled 'one-off' of a part that would never be used again. While tragic for sure, its not in the same category as something that might represent the foundation for all future female nude figure sales and mass produced for other Hot Toys projects beyond just Ripley.

Again, I am not saying it 'will' be improved. I am just saying it makes sense that it would be and I am not ready to right it off as garbage before we even see it.

Last edited:
Every time they've tried it, they've missed the mark. So it kinda makes no sense that it'd be improved :lol

As for the arms, I don't like it, but it's not as big a deal here as it is with Batman to me. With a female body, you can always do a swap to another one. Not so easy when you've got a distinctive suit specially made out of rubber for a figure.
Yeah, well we shouldn't have to replace ****. :lol

Why even use rubber bodies in the fist place? That's the head scratcher.

Every time they've tried it, they've missed the mark. So it kinda makes no sense that it'd be improved :lol

I must admit, Hot Toys has done absolutely nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I'm too nice a guy and optimistic I guess

Yeah, well we shouldn't have to replace ****. :lol

Why even use rubber bodies in the fist place? That's the head scratcher.

:lol Hey, I'm not defending them! Just saying it doesn't bother me as much as something you can not replace. It does suck. Ever since I was burned with the DX-02, I've been one of the staunchest advocates of doing away with rubber altogether. I guess HT does it because aesthetically it often makes a lot of sense. And assuming it doesn't decay/melt/leak, then it does give a figure an air of quality that you aren't gonna get with pure plastic figures. And ultimately, I don't think it negative affects sales too much, because people either don't know, or are optimistic that things will change this time. Only to have the ED-209 realities of the world slap them upside the head.

That video is great! The power loader actually seems metallic. Great wear and tear on it from the paint app. The one frustrating thing with these early previews is waiting for the pre-order! I'm not sure why, but I like the knowledge that it's ordered and will eventually come over the idea of knowing it's just "out there" :lol

That video is great! The power loader actually seems metallic. Great wear and tear on it from the paint app. The one frustrating thing with these early previews is waiting for the pre-order! I'm not sure why, but I like the knowledge that it's ordered and will eventually come over the idea of knowing it's just "out there" :lol
Yeah it's extremely impressive in that video. No longer looks like a collectible and more like the actual miniature used during the making of the film. Really astounding work on Hot Toys part.

I can picture someone at HT twirling his mustache, trying to ruin people's excitement. "Arms need to be bent to pose in the powerloader? No problem, here's some rubber arms just to ruin it for you. Muhahahaha!"

I can picture someone at HT twirling his mustache, trying to ruin people's excitement. "Arms need to be bent to pose in the powerloader? No problem, here's some rubber arms just to ruin it for you. Muhahahaha!"
To be honest the use of rubber doesn't so much bother me - I had a Dutch figure for many years and never had a problem - but the arms and hands are the only weak thing on this piece. And they are very weak. Like, they look like they pulled off a $10 barbie figure five minutes before the show.

I'm not terribly fussed about the arms either. I have Dutch, Hellboy and a couple of Sarah Connors (several posed with their elbows bent 90 degrees) and I've never had any problems with the rubber whatsoever. It's hard to know exactly how widespread the problems really are.

But maybe I live in just the right climate. Or maybe I've just been lucky. My Batmen never leaked and my EDs never crumbled either.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. :lol

I'm going to need it to afford all the figures I want this year!

Back