1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally Endo, the rubber is just a ****ed decision. :(

Out of all the potential goodness I / we were hoping for, Ripley was a grail for me personally.

So disappointed.. :gah:

Same here with ED-209.
You should´ve seen my eyes when I unpacked him, Gutzz.
Full of joy and now?
Every day more cracks.
I still don´t know if I sell him, or wait if HT is doing something, or how Anthrapoid´s replacements will turn out.
Maybe a compromise could be done with my/our (me and Eisselmann) seller.
A bit of money back, we keep it and hope for replacements...

You got ED too, or had other drama regarding rubber on HT pieces?

We really ought to spam their Facebook page and email them. Even if we get the stock response, the more they hear about this, the more likely they are to change it. Look at what happened with the Elder Predator. People spammed diagrams for added accuracy (not just on the head, but the ACCESSORIES) and HT responded by making some adjustments. Same thing can happen here, especially since these figures aren't even in the official prototype stage.

That's a totally valid option if rubber is that big of an issue. I don't have a massive Hot Toys collection, so body types, etc...aren't my specialty. And yes, spending money once should be more than enough! But that said, if they do rubber, and a few years down the road something happens...could you not just buy a regular female body and replace the head/clothes?

Again, I know it's silly to put even $50 more into a figure you pay for, but would that work? Or are colours, sizes, and such all different? Seems like a pretty generic fit in that picture!

The thought had crossed my mind and that's likely what I'll do. Skin tone is my biggest concern, but we'll have to confirm that once in-hand -- and I will have these in-hand. I just can't see myself passing on them, rubber or not.

We are spammin´ everywhere, but they don´t respond.
Posts are on their page and different others and they´re linked to the problem too.
Maybe they wait for after SDCC, we can only hope!

You got ED too, or had other drama regarding rubber on HT pieces?
Nah mate, I've managed to avoid pretty much all the bad ones. The only rubber figure I do have is the DX09 Keaton Batman, & he's fine for now, but I do wonder down the track how he'll hold up.

We really ought to spam their Facebook page and email them.
Man, we bloody well should - it's ****ing BS. It's like they don't give two ****s, because the pleb count is always high enough for them to sit back & laugh all the way to the bank. It makes me want to laugh & cry at the same time. :lol

That's a totally valid option if rubber is that big of an issue.
It's a pretty serious blight on their company at this point, & they seem indifferent at best.

WTF, honestly..

Nah mate, I've managed to avoid pretty much all the bad ones. The only rubber figure I do have is the DX09 Keaton Batman, & he's fine for now, but I do wonder down the track how he'll hold up.

Man, we bloody well should - it's ****ing BS. It's like they don't give two ****s, because the pleb count is always high enough for them to sit back & laugh all the way to the bank. It makes me want to laugh & cry at the same time. :lol

It's a pretty serious blight on their company at this point, & they seem indifferent at best.

WTF, honestly..

Best of luck to you, man.
Maybe it´s the same rubber they used on Hulk.

And I also hope that the general outcry was enough to wake up HT...

Hulks arms barely bend and he is huge. That type of vinyl wouldn't allow articulation on little twig arms like these.
Sarah Connor arms again, i would imagine. :(

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Same likeness problems IMO. At any rate, I'm not planning on getting another Aliens Ripley and Powerloader.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

I can't see any problems with likeness at all. I'm happy they included Jones. I probably won't get the ALIENS version as ALIEN is my favourite and I think she looks awesome in the flight suit.

A lot of advances have been made in seamless joints lately. I would hope (*HOPE!!!*) that Hot Toys has learned something. Just because they are seamless doesnt mean they are "cheap rubber". No way to know for sure until its "too late", but again, I am going to assume they improved the concept rather than slap 10 year old formulas on a brand new high profile product.

I can't see any problems with likeness at all. I'm happy they included Jones. I probably won't get the ALIENS version as ALIEN is my favourite and I think she looks awesome in the flight suit.

Totally agree, I'm not sold on the Aliens version but the Alien one is a day 1 PO for me, Alien being one of my all time favourite movies I cant imagine not getting it

Hulks arms barely bend and he is huge. That type of vinyl wouldn't allow articulation on little twig arms like these.
Sarah Connor arms again, i would imagine. :(
That's what concerns me too. :(

A lot of advances have been made in seamless joints lately. I would hope (*HOPE!!!*) that Hot Toys has learned something. Just because they are seamless doesnt mean they are "cheap rubber". No way to know for sure until its "too late", but again, I am going to assume they improved the concept rather than slap 10 year old formulas on a brand new high profile product.
Yeah.. go check out the HT ED-209 thread, that'll bring you up to speed on them making old mistakes. :lol

Back