Hot Toys Elite Praetorian Guards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if we will have a ninja/kung fu/jedi battle. It will be like a scene from one of the of the Matrix sequels (which is not a compliment really).

If they start flying around the room while the Duel of the Fates ramps up in its hyper ADD style... I'll vomit. Right on the guy on his phone in the row in front of me. Then he'll see what's on him and he'll vomit, on the heavy-set lady in front of him. And she scream -- and vomit -- showering the entire row. Then they'll all vomit on everyone.

Such weird weapons. I take it the audio connectors below the blades are some sort of arc generator so they can withstand saber hits. I think one of the other guys has a sword that turns into a bladed whip like Ivy from Soul Caliber.

You are correct. None of the toys thus far has shown this, but the topps cards show them with a tiny saber/arc generator in front of their blades.

Is this Mushroomhead? The one with the 'rain visor'...?

Star_Wars_Elite_Praetorian_Guard_01.jpg

a37771aa29b0b09c8c95a46cdce70eaa.jpg

This is sh**head - another that looks like crap.

Seriously, these designs look like something from a really poor fan-film.

How do you go from this,

IMG_8808.JPG

To this,

IMG_8809.JPG

To this,

IMG_8807.JPG

Looks like some futuristic butt warmer or something.

I remember reading somewhere that the remnant of the empire that survived was out exploring some area of uncharted space where Palpatine was feeling a strong and ancient dark presence... so it could be that the FO is heavily influenced by an ancient civili.... gah... even I lost interest typing this out... :rip

These seem heavily influenced by Samurai. I wouldn't buy them, but they look neat. The facelessness of them is an interesting approach. I dunno, somehow they don't bother me. If something like this was in the OT standing in Jabba's palace, no one would bat and eye at it.

I like them. I agree, they show an oriental armor inspiration. They're different from the OT guards but that's not a bad thing. And considering we haven't seen them in the context of the film it's kinda premature to criticize a design that hasn't shown its purpose or influence yet.

But more importantly...I like them. :D

You should go see a doctor if these praetorian growths last for more than 24 hours.

I'm under the impression they're similar to death troopers in that they're androids. I saw a video with (I think) the force link figures, could've been a different figure - but their voices sound a lot like droids. But it would explain why they don't have visors, possibly. I think Krennic controlled the Death Troopers, right? Similar to Lando with Lobot

Are your sure it's not just the reader of the force link figures themselves?

The commtech chips from Episode I made everyone from Qui-Gon to Watto sound like a robot.

I like these new helmets but they aren't as cool as the other OT ones. Regardless I hope we some Luke vs these guys action in the new movie

At least this shows growth/evolution.... unlike the Stormtroopers.

How!? The third and final stage of the guard evolution don't even have a face! It's so abstract.

Say what you will about the duck troopers, but atleast they have eyes, a mouth and the little vent things on the side.

You_Doodle_2017-09-18T00_37_07Z.jpg

Not phased by the duck-troopers, one way or the other, but they definitely "feel" like a 30 years evolution of the originals.

Think of a 30 year evolution of a car - badge specific. The fundamentals are still apparent, but the evolution feels natural.

These things...:cuckoo:

Back