Hot Toys Elite Praetorian Guards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might do these as Praetorian Guard and deluxe Praetorian guard. After the movie is released they will release the Elite Praetorian guard. Sucks if they actually do this.

As Sideshow only previewed two of them, I wonder if Hot Toys is going to do a two-pack of these. I'm always down for another two-pack deal.

I looked on Sideshow's site, I only see two separate Praetorian Guard previews so not a two pack:
1125x682_previewbanner__HTElitePraetorianGuard.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner__HTPraetorianGuard.jpg

The fact there are so many different weapons for them makes me think they will see some action and use them. Otherwise, why not just give them all the same weapons like the royal guards had?

Oh come now... different weapons means different toys.

I'd think different painted armor would be more appealing for toy makers as they could just repaint rather than make new weapons. Sideshow and Hasbro really loved those clone troopers :lol

Plus action sells action figures. Make them fight and kids will be all over them.

I'd think different painted armor would be more appealing for toy makers as they could just repaint rather than make new weapons. Sideshow and Hasbro really loved those clone troopers :lol

Well at least for the 6 inch and 3.75 inch figures cheap plastic staffs and swords add very little to the cost. The all-red is quite apparent why that was done.

But I'm sure we'll get different colored something too.

I really don't like the design of any of these. To me, they look like something out of Spy Kids. I'm fine with it as it'll save me several hundred bucks in figure cost...

I prefer they have full plate armor than having a dress for the bottom half. I guess they are trying to relate to the Royal Guards but still. Would like to see if they have an big fight scene.

Such weird weapons. I take it the audio connectors below the blades are some sort of arc generator so they can withstand saber hits. I think one of the other guys has a sword that turns into a bladed whip like Ivy from Soul Caliber.

Wonder if we will have a ninja/kung fu/jedi battle. It will be like a scene from one of the of the Matrix sequels (which is not a compliment really).

Back