Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dekadentdave said:
It works basically the same as all of the electronic NECA figures. It only uses battery power when it is activated either by a manual activation button or when the motion sensor goes off. I could easily solder a simple on/off switch to the PCB board. They are very cheap. Again, the problem is where to put the switch without having to drill into the model itself.

pjam said:
Dave, please keep us posted on how this turns out bro. This is very exciting! :D

Yeah Dave, I agree with Paul, Keep us posted man! You have 20 seconds to comply!!! :D

I guess you are now authorized to use physical force! :lol

Not much news to report. Still trying to figure out the external battery problem and still trying to solve the activator switch problem. I've been researching the light sensor activator but haven't found one yet that I think is going to work without soldering it and the sound chip to a PC board which is a little beyond my electronic skills. Simple soldering I can do, circuitry is a little more advanced. I'm close, just not close enough but at least he is talking. The only other option would be to make a stand-alone voice box with activator button that I could leave next to him but that just kind of defeats the purpose of having the sound being generated from ED himself.

I may end up taking apart my NECA 18" Robocop to see how they did theirs. I was thinking about translplanting the electronics into the Hot Toys Robo anyway to go along with ED.

Last edited:
Looks like Sideshow will be offering the battle damaged ED-209 soon.

022207ed209bd_01.jpg

022207ed209bd_02.jpg
022207ed209bd_03.jpg

dekadentdave said:
I guess you are now authorized to use physical force! :lol

Not much news to report. Still trying to figure out the external battery problem and still trying to solve the activator switch problem. I've been researching the light sensor activator but haven't found one yet that I think is going to work without soldering it and the sound chip to a PC board which is a little beyond my electronic skills. Simple soldering I can do, circuitry is a little more advanced. I'm close, just not close enough but at least he is talking. The only other option would be to make a stand-alone voice box with activator button that I could leave next to him but that just kind of defeats the purpose of having the sound being generated from ED himself.

I may end up taking apart my NECA 18" Robocop to see how they did theirs. I was thinking about translplanting the electronics into the Hot Toys Robo anyway to go along with ED.

not sure if this'll help but myself and a few others i know recieved their Eds w/ the leg lift piece (piece at back of leg that's just there for accuracy) lying loose in the box. it'd come off. at first i freaked but it pops back into place easily. matter of fact both leg pieces pull off mine easily. there's not even any hint of glue. only reason i mention it is the leg itself is hollow, so taking those lift pieces off would give ya 2 rather large "containers" to place something in...like electronics or a recording. might be useful in this endeavor.

I wonder what the deal is with this battle damaged version. I heard it was limited to only 200, and it's been sold out. Did HT make an other run especially for SSC perhaps?

need help can a re-do the legs on ED 209
is it possible have some one done it

please help

Thing said:
need help can a re-do the legs on ED 209
is it possible have some one done it

please help

I put mine on backwards. I just popped them out. It sounds easy but they are a pain in the neck to get back out!

Back