Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think this has been mentioned before in this thread.

Sometime last year or in 2016, I recalled seeing a ebay listing. It was a Hot Toys Ed-209 version 2.0 replacement head piece. IIRC it had its own Hot Toys part number on the small brown shipper box. Its too bad I didnt save the picture but I did see it for sure.

Sorry about the thread creap here. Did anyone use Gummi Pfledge Stift for Alien Warrior's mouth/head or any other rubber figure?

You should. I got mine in 2016 and within months the dome started cracking. I put mod podge on it and the cracks stopped. The elbow and shoulder joints still cracked but you can't see those as well. Just get matte mod podge and apply it as soon as you get it. That was my mistake, but even with a few small cracks it still looks awesome.

You should. I got mine in 2016 and within months the dome started cracking. I put mod podge on it and the cracks stopped. The elbow and shoulder joints still cracked but you can't see those as well. Just get matte mod podge and apply it as soon as you get it. That was my mistake, but even with a few small cracks it still looks awesome.

Do you think If I add lubricant to the joint rubber it will stop it cracking?

pics so we can evaluate. lolz

I'll share mine.
It's still in great condition.
Bought it BNIB in 2017 v.2.0

First thing I did after reading about cracking rubber was apply Honda grease then after a month Gummi-pflege.
Next a few months more Honda grease and today another layer of Gummi-Pflege.
e1.jpg
e2.jpg
e3.jpg
e4.jpg

The sleeves were applied as well but they are a pain to get to so I used a small hobby paint brush.
Even the Robocop's rubber sleeves need to be treated.
r5.jpg

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Sorry about the thread creap here. Did anyone use Gummi Pfledge Stift for Alien Warrior's mouth/head or any other rubber figure?

if you have HT xenos, modge podge is your friend. i got rid of my xenos except for 3 doggies. modge podged the hell out of them. glossy for the icky finish. :]

I'll share mine.
It's still in great condition.
Bought it BNIB in 2017 v.2.0

First thing I did after reading about cracking rubber was apply Honda grease then after a month Gummi-pflege.
Next a few months more Honda grease and today another layer of Gummi-Pflege.
View attachment 407124
View attachment 407125
View attachment 407126
View attachment 407127

The sleeves were applied as well but they are a pain to get to so I used a small hobby paint brush.
Even the Robocop's rubber sleeves need to be treated.
View attachment 407128

you did well. :]
my ed has been
post-13814-14774859017.jpg

Anyone here know of anyone who's up for taking a commission to reproduce the dome in plastic?

Back