Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a fair criticism... I can't think of any time he makes that expression; it's not fitting with the character so it's a fail.

Official image for SW merchandise
f5a30039d45af1a3bd67e42d7e81c59d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the reason pt figures are getting everyone talking and maybe preordering even if they didn't like the film is because hot toys have clearly upped their game on their head sculpts on these figures. Now if the OT head sculpts were as good as these then I'd be a happy bunny but I guess at some point when they run out of characters to sell to us we'll get 2.0's of everyone.

ST movies are better quality but the PT has A LOT of cool stuff in it. Great designs and characters.

Exactly.

Besides Kylo REN TFA design, every new trilogy design/character to me is extremely forgettable.

People giving out about the seond head sculpt is just ridiculous. People always giving out about HT giving us expressionless headsculpts and as soon as they do it sucks. Hard for HT to win.
The second head sculpt to me looks excellent and looks like other merchandise relating to the characters aggression.

I think the second sculpt is freaking awful. I would have loved the gritted, extremely angry look. This just looks like he's trying too hard at something. I'll definitely buy, but that second sculpt is already dead to me.

People giving out about the seond head sculpt is just ridiculous. People always giving out about HT giving us expressionless headsculpts and as soon as they do it sucks. Hard for HT to win.
The second head sculpt to me looks excellent and looks like other merchandise relating to the characters aggression.

That's my exact thoughts.

Always want really intense facial expressions. I'll display him well with that sculpt.

Exactly.

Besides Kylo REN TFA design, every new trilogy design/character to me is extremely forgettable.

I think Kylo and Rey in TFA both have great designs. And personally, I like both characters. Luke's Crait outfit in TLJ was awesome, as well. Funny enough as far as TLJ goes, I think Resistance Rey is a better representation than the one hot toys released for TLJ lol.

I hope HT revises that Laughing Maul head... to a more traditional teeth-gritted version.

Like when they changed teeth-bared smiling Sparrow in the DX06 to just a smirk. So a change here has precedence.

Good point. I forgot about Jack. I hope they change it too. The teeth gritting Maul is definitely a better way to go.

Yeah, it's interesting how much impact these PT characters actually have. Before Hot Toys, I never realized how much I actually like them. These figures even made me wanna watch the PT again.

I think I'll stick with just collecting the figures myself. If I subject myself to actually watching the prequels again there's a good chance I'll lose interest and not want anything to do with them again. :D

I think I'll stick with just collecting the figures and remembering the cool design work myself. If I subject myself to actually watching the prequels again there's a good chance I'll lose interest and not want anything to do with them again. :D

The secret is to watch The Last Jedi first. Then the prequels will look like masterpieces after that.

I think I'll stick with just collecting the figures and remembering the cool design work myself. If I subject myself to actually watching the prequels again there's a good chance I'll lose interest and not want anything to do with them again. :D

But, but.. they’re good now according to ST haters! :lol

Edit: literally the post above mine. :rotfl

i Have a ss gift card that I’ve been saving for my 2 Death Star troopers. I guess I’ll use it on the speeder set. Oh well..
Watch the dst get announced next week ( I hope).

Maul from Clone Wars and Rebels is amazing. I hope with the new season announcement they get on for licensing for it. Since sideshow just wasted theirs. Could be making bank right now putting out clones 2.0, or the ignored Ahsoka. I hope Hot Toys can make all that happen.

ST movies are better quality but the PT has A LOT of cool stuff in it. Great designs and characters.

That’s how I feel too. Phantom Menace is by faaaaaaar the worst SW movie, but I still like a lot of the designs. Though I like the new movies I feel like TFA and TLJ has the worst designs of the series. R1 and Solo has some good designs as they’re based on the OT.

Back