Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the SS v.2 portrait better, but everything else on the HT is aces to me.

Looking at the price $54,99 that must be the V1. Unbelievable how much prices have changed ! But quality has improved no doubt.

He was a bit short though.....or maybe the head is big ??

2115_press14-001.jpg

This release gives me hope for a ROTJ Scout Trooper with speeder bike deluxe edition.

Re: Hot Toys - DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

What time will it be up today ya think?
Should be up at SS by 4 or 5pm Eastern time. They'll send an email out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Complete monster set for me! I want the speeder, it looks incredible, glad I never tried to put the effort into customizing the underscaled Hasbro speeder now. The bike is worth the extra $100 to me.

Really not very satisfied with the head sculpts though. Nice details of course, but expressions and likeness just aren't really 100% for me. I'll save final judgment until the figure is in hand as always though of course.

Likely this got done over the last 20 pages but the DX17 price is $328... plus the Sideshow fee so this will be $369.99-$379.99 (I was dead on)

DX16 HK price is $226 so after SS fee its like $269.99.

Speeder is definitely worth the $100. If that holds, I'm definitely going Complete Monster Set.

I'm most likely getting the regular as I don't see myself displaying the speeder. But who knows once the PO is up. One thing I'm not feeling at the moment is the open mouth HS. Reminds me of Jim Belushi in maul makeup rather than Ray Park.
68a30400f7c5871f7d2de91600aa2869.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, forget to mention I also am not real happy with the laughing Maul head. Looks very cartoonish. I guess they needed something for all the art and comic fans out there.

Laughing Maul es no bueno.

Part of why the 2nd head looks silly is that it looks to be trying to keep Park likeness, but since he never makes that face, they took a guess at how he’d look and I think they missed the mark.

Pretty clear why it wasn’t at SDCC :lol

That second head is ridiculous. BTW, where do you get the prices from?

Why did they choose a open mouth expression instead of teeth clenched or grinning :gah:

I don’t remember Maul opening his mouth in the film :dunno

Back