Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have pics of yours with this super simple mod? I wanna see how good it looks.

Rw3jRrD.jpg

Left with magnets, middle without. Sorry the head wasn't straight up in the first pic. I used two 8x2mm magnets I got off Amazon.

how do you put the speeder on the base? the hole is meant for the pole with threads on it, the transparent pole doesnt fit and wobbles

how do you put the speeder on the base? the hole is meant for the pole with threads on it, the transparent pole doesnt fit and wobbles

It does fit in both holes. I had to take my stand apart to find out but there is a plastic clip in both that allow for the clear post to go in. You just have to force it in hard and it will be secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I took mine apart as well after reading about that and think that's practically necessary to get it to sit correctly. I swear HT just over engineers stuff instead of just making things slip fit nicely. No reason for an extra part in there that could break.

Magnets are certainly the easiest option but i don't like the gap that's left between the head and neck when viewed from the side.

I decided to make a new ball joint fitting which raises the neck up to about 3mms higher. I left the under suit off too as it bulks out the figure and restricts articulation.

DMNM.jpg

Amazing work, matrix. :clap That's what I'd like to do as well. I did the magnet trick but wasn't fully satisfied. You feel confident that the neck is still nice and secure?

With your amazing mod, you ruined default figure for me. It was superb til now.

Great mods, Matrix. Proportions are looking proper :clap

That really looks greta. I'm fairly shocked after seeing how good that looks that people haven't really removed the fat suit before on this after all the hullabaloo with the fat suit on Jedi Luke. I think I will try that sometime!

With your amazing mod, you ruined default figure for me. It was superb til now.

Thanks guys...It's still a great figure stock and definitely the best so far...

I used to think the first 2 were the greatest figures ever:lol

MAULS.JPG

Back