Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably still my favourite figure in my collection.

Also anyone know why my images are always tiny on here? It's a fairly resolution image.

Maul 2.jpg

Also anyone know why my images are always tiny on here? It's a fairly resolution image.

View attachment 487851

If you're uploading them they tend to resize them, but I'm not sure why they do it that much. I'd just use Imgur.com and then link to the pic instead of having this site re-host it.

Nice post btw!

View attachment 487851

If you're uploading them they tend to resize them, but I'm not sure why they do it that much. I'd just use Imgur.com and then link to the pic instead of having this site re-host it.

Nice post btw!

Magnets are certainly the easiest option but i don't like the gap that's left between the head and neck when viewed from the side.

I decided to make a new ball joint fitting which raises the neck up to about 3mms higher. I left the under suit off too as it bulks out the figure and restricts articulation.

View attachment 487843

Leave it to matrix to take a mod many of us have done, but improve it tenfold. I'm so stealing this. :lol

Hoping when the Solo Maul ships that this Maul’s price starts to lower on the secondary market

The version w/speeder can still be found for retail.

I doubt it, this is the definitive look for Maul to most people I think.

Very true. I feel no need to purchase the Solo version, especially with it being unlikely we'll see any follow up to conclude that story.

I'm picking up any Maul they turn out. We have a conclusion to Mauls story anyway and he's become one of my favourite characters over the years.

Maul is a character I learned to love with CW and Rebels. I mean he was fun in TPM but no substance. The Solo version is pretty similar to his CW and Rebels look.

I have TPM version, it looks amazing. But I'm tempted to grab the Solo one instead (I only go 1 per character.) It just depends on when the Solo one hits. I need to see more IRL images. If it looks as good, I'll probably sell off TPM one and jump on the Solo one.

I'm thinking that I'll probably swap the Solo Maul head for the spare TPM Maul head if it's the same magnetic style. Prefer the younger face for him but love the cybernetic legs look.

I'm thinking that I'll probably swap the Solo Maul head for the spare TPM Maul head if it's the same magnetic style. Prefer the younger face for him but love the cybernetic legs look.

The head is my main concern. Some pics look fine, some angles look weird. I'd rather wait and see. I kind of don't want to go down the path of more than 1 version of each figure (though I'm already considering breaking that rule with Mandalorian lol.) Buuuuut both Mauls are different enough it may justify it for me. Ugh.

Back