Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cloaked shots look great! Lots of "futzing" needed though to get a great look! The rolling eyes make the difference here in this version of Maul.

Anyone having problems keeping his fists attached with the pleather gauntlet covers over the pegs? This is my only complaint of this figure.

These were quick phone shots I took the other day- so many possibilities with this figure! Cheers! IMG_6148.jpgIMG_6147.jpg

These pics make me reconsider if I should have gotten TPM Maul instead of Crimson Dawn Solo Maul. I don?t think I need two in my collection but they both look so good.

I am on the verge of pre-ordering CD Maul..I am working my way through Clone Wars and it makes me appreciate the glimpse we get of him as a crime boss. There is also more of Ray Park's face in the Crimson Dawn version! Get them both! I did not get the speeder because of the lack of space I have. I will post another photo this afternoon of this Maul with a little bit better dynamic posing!

The cloaked shots look great! Lots of "futzing" needed though to get a great look! The rolling eyes make the difference here in this version of Maul.

Anyone having problems keeping his fists attached with the pleather gauntlet covers over the pegs? This is my only complaint of this figure.

I removed the pleather cuffs as it's easier to attach the hands.

did you cut them out from the glove gauntlets? Definitely want to do this since with them it is very tough to get wrist angles without them falling out. Thanks for the tip.

The pleather cuffs are loose and slip off easy...no need for any cutting.

That's a great shot! Pose and lighting are perfect. Haven't played around with the open mouth sculpt yet...

The pleather cuffs are loose and slip off easy...no need for any cutting.

That's a great shot! Pose and lighting are perfect. Haven't played around with the open mouth sculpt yet...

Thanks Matrix69 - much appreciation! Also thanks for the tip on the cuffs--I didn't look at them that closely and was afraid I would have needed to cut for sure! Yeah the key with this guy is the eye level- the more head down/eyes up anger look, the more he embodies Maul!

I’m done with any of the light-up sabers at this point. I only use the feature the first time I pose a figure and I truly don’t enjoy wrenching their arm out to swap it with the one that has the electronics in it.

Yeah. Usually people complain the neck of some of the HT figures is too long.. :lol

I still need to find/buy some of those magnets shown here to lift his head a bit. Looks much better in the pics of those who did it.

Back