Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to futz Maul today... gave that terrible cloak a try...

Maul COMP.jpg

Maul 7.1.jpg

I haven't even attempted the cloak yet. That looks pretty good, especially the hood on the head.

I'm liking the scream head a bit more for display...probably because it's so different from many of the Mauls we've seen previously...and it is really well done.

HT TPM MAUL-014sm.jpg

A little annoying that the instructions say Maul comes with a left and right binoc-holding hands... but in the box you only get a right binoc-holding hand.

Ok I'm glad I'm not ****ing crazy. I kept wondering what the other hand would be. I commented earlier, odd they only included a left fist too; I don't know if I've not seen both fists included on a figure whether they punched someone or not.

Nice pics, guys!

Great cloak shots, Wor-Gar. I just tried mine out the other day. Kinda hard to get it to sit right. I stuck some nickels in the dangly sleeves to give them some weight. Doesn’t look too bad.

Nice pics, guys!

Great cloak shots, Wor-Gar. I just tried mine out the other day. Kinda hard to get it to sit right. I stuck some nickels in the dangly sleeves to give them some weight. Doesn’t look too bad.

Yeah, cloak is stiff and really a poor fabric -- much worse than I thought it would be. And water treatment doesn't seem to do anything much like the Leia dress. You really have to work it and find places that you can 'prop' it against (like arms at side holding it in place). That said, I do like the look of it on Maul... haven't had this look since the 3 3/4 inch figure.

My cloak sort of sweeps to the left so I tried to work it in as a kind of wind-swept look.

Yeah, cloak is stiff and really a poor fabric -- much worse than I thought it would be. And water treatment doesn't seem to do anything much like the Leia dress. You really have to work it and find places that you can 'prop' it against (like arms at side holding it in place). That said, I do like the look of it on Maul... haven't had this look since the 3 3/4 inch figure.

My cloak sort of sweeps to the left so I tried to work it in as a kind of wind-swept look.

I won’t mess with a water treatment then. This is about as good as I could get it.

C5DB3EFA-9A4C-4B22-BA7C-2B3C6744EE02.jpeg

Aside from some white powder on the clothes, the figure arrived in wonderful condition. Such a great figure, I?m glad I ordered him. This is my first DX and he comes with tons of stuff which is awesome.

I think my saber came straight, honestly I just threw it into a quick pose and threw it in a detolf. I?ll give it a better go over soon enough.

He takes up a whole shelf in a action pose.

I love the second headsculpt.

I got the DX16, I hope I won?t regret not getting the speeder like I originally planned.

Back