Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KG Hobby got their stock in. Just received an invoice. Will have him in hand within a couple weeks :yess:

Yep. With bank fees on exchange rate and shipping, total goes to nearly €380 but still a very good deal compared to local offers.

Unfortunately, you must now watch KG Hobby carefully.

The price on my invoice for Darth Maul has a higher postage cost than buying it direct from the site with no deposit etc.

They did a similar price gouge for Obi Wan deluxe...………..

Also the ROTJ stormtrooper deluxe.

Interesting. Didn't notice in stock items cost less than preorderd ones. Wouldn't try and order a spare which make it hrd to notice anyway. Pretty bad business from KG indeed.

Interesting. Didn't notice in stock items cost less than preorderd ones. Wouldn't try and order a spare which make it hrd to notice anyway. Pretty bad business from KG indeed.

The price for In stock is usually greater than pre order but the postage should be the same...….....

It's not!

Obi Wan deluxe and ROTJ stormtrooper are ?45 which is the same as Thanos (which was a big heavy box)

They did reduce the price of Obi Wans postage to ?35 but increased the price of the figure ?10.

They also shipped two figures to me in the same box with no postage discount, despite me emailing them to ship separately.

Just checked my invoice and the postage for DX16 is ?48. I know the box is a bit bigger than normal but sure the figures I ordered last year were about ?25 via the HK Post option.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got my DX 17 today :yess: I'm still going through everything. This is my first DX figure, and so far, I'm impressed. The speeder is so cool! I love the portraits! The probe droid is awesome! It all barely fits into a Detolf.

A few odd things: It's missing the second binocular-holding hand - according to the instructions and SSC's website, there should be both left and right? Does anyone have both? There's a small empty compartment in the bottom layer of packaging (it's right next to the batteries) that looks like it should contain something - am I missing something?

GotIt's missing the second binocular-holding hand - according to the instructions and SSC's website, there should be both left and right? Does anyone have both?

Mine was missing too. So was everyone's. HT didn't include it.

There's a hand that will work, but its not the mystery binoc holding hand you seek. That is one of the reasons I was a little underwhelmed with this set. That and the stiff cloak. And the short neck. And the inability of the speeder to 'stand' without the stand. And the size of the stand. And the boots.

But everything else is nice.

Mine was missing too. So was everyone's. HT didn't include it.

There's a hand that will work, but its not the mystery binoc holding hand you seek. That is one of the reasons I was a little underwhelmed with this set. That and the stiff cloak. And the short neck. And the inability of the speeder to 'stand' without the stand. And the size of the stand. And the boots.

But everything else is nice.

Glad I'm not the only one. Got mine the other day and was so excited unboxing it (as alway the DX packaging is great), but once out, I wasn't that enthused. I agree with all the things you've mentioned (particularly the bloody neck :slap), but also for me, the head looks very much like a "toy" in-hand.

The eyes are so lifeless :(

Got Dooku the same day and that sculpt/face is off the planet!

For the reasons mentioned above glad to have saved myself 300 notes for another character. SSC Darth Maul still ticks all the boxes for me, with the addition of HT cloak and a few other accessories.

I was underwhelmed at first as well after immediate unboxing. But after extending his neck - which really brings out the likeness IMO - and futzing him, I really warmed up to him and think it's a great figure now. The proportions are very lifelike, and my custom/SSC V2 suddenly feels very lackluster. Not at all what I was expecting - I was pretty convinced that I'll stick with the SSC V2 sculpt in the end.

I agree, once I futz with him he is better... though I do not have a solid fix yet for the neck and I have a bad habit of picking up all my figures by the head. That doesn't go so well with Maul.

Like anything I guess, once I find that perfect pose I'm sure all will be forgiven. Almost.

I agree, once I futz with him he is better... though I do not have a solid fix yet for the neck and I have a bad habit of picking up all my figures by the head. That doesn't go so well with Maul.

Like anything I guess, once I find that perfect pose I'm sure all will be forgiven. Almost.
Saw this on OSR Facebook group earlier.
458ef85b9cc1e1752c2466bda7865133.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back