Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sith Probe Droid is quite nice, but was a pain to get the little antennae plugged in as it seemed like it only wanted to go in one way.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I never could figure out which way the little notch was supposed to go when inserting the antennae on mine. It needed force no matter what way it went and still didn't go in all the way. Still looks great though. I think I like it more than the Speeder.

How well will the pleather belt hold up?

I?m really on the fence about this one, I love everything I see about it, except the belt makes me worry.

How well will the pleather belt hold up?

I?m really on the fence about this one, I love everything I see about it, except the belt makes me worry.

Nobody knows for sure but climate seems to be a factor. Opinions will range from the sky is falling to pleather will last a lifetime in the proper setting. If the thought of it breaking down bothers you a lot, best run away screaming from this hobby.

Cracked mine open and it has a crooked saber. Mainly where only when one of the blades is inserted. One ends connecting point is not centered. Saber is straight. Anyone know how BBTS?s CS is? Haven?t dealt with return/exchanging anything with them on past orders.

Cracked mine open and it has a crooked saber. Mainly where only when one of the blades is inserted. One ends connecting point is not centered. Saber is straight. Anyone know how BBTS?s CS is? Haven?t dealt with return/exchanging anything with them on past orders.

:( that sucks. sorry.

Thanks Creighton.
Contacted them and unfortunately they don?t have replacement parts and this needs to be a full exchange, which is good, but I inspected everything and all is perfect except the saber. I?m worried I?ll get another bent saber or another defective accessory. Times like this is when it?s best to order from SSC. I hope everything goes well with the new Maul :pray:

I never had pleather issues until the light side Anakin, so I was just unsure if this had a tendency to flake so easily is all.

There are leather types that hot toys use that hold up like the holsters on bespin luke . Where are you from and what happened to your anakin? did it flake already?

A small piece either flaked off or rubbed off from the plastic case when I got it, I wasn?t really sure which because I kept him on a lower shelf and don?t always have a eagle eye on such things.

I had a similar issue from a old sideshow Anakin I bought as well from a comic store, I didn?t realize till I got him home. That one was much worse and definitely a age peel most likely.

I ended up selling them because of it. The hot Toys had a small hole, and the sideshow one was a peel.

My gf didn’t think the hole was a big deal, but my ocd couldn’t unsee it lol

I never had a issue with anything else except Anakins. I havnt seen any issues with Maul belts so far, so I think I’ll be safe to order him :)

Thanks for all the input!

If you use a detolf the bike isn?t worth it. Can?t really fit both Maul and the bike, especially if you want to use the double-blade saber.

Also, figure really needed a longer neck. Still trying to figure out a solution for that. I?d like to extend it from below somehow so that the head still sits flush with the neck.

If you use a detolf the bike isn?t worth it. Can?t really fit both Maul and the bike, especially if you want to use the double-blade saber.

Also, figure really needed a longer neck. Still trying to figure out a solution for that. I?d like to extend it from below somehow so that the head still sits flush with the neck.

I have the speeder behind Maul standing on a detolf shelf, not much room for anyone else though especially with his saber. I'm going to go with Cocololoboy's magnet solution for the head, just need to get a big enough one, his looked fine in the pics so far.

Thanks Creighton.
Contacted them and unfortunately they don?t have replacement parts and this needs to be a full exchange, which is good, but I inspected everything and all is perfect except the saber. I?m worried I?ll get another bent saber or another defective accessory. Times like this is when it?s best to order from SSC. I hope everything goes well with the new Maul :pray:

Thats good news that BBTS will exchange. Fingers crossed you get a good one this time!

I haven't tried it with mine yet, but I imagine you could just pull out the rubber neck plug and glue it back extended out a bit more. I've done it with other necks and it seems to work.

Dont know what you're referirng to, DX 17 fits perfectly fine into a Detolf without any issue.

Back