Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not defending my SS purchase. I had it for a bit last year or more ago, sold it, and have the HT Maul on order.

But the HT isn’t better in all facets. So I was surprised to read that the tattoos were more accurate, which when looking at it didn’t really appear true. And I agree with Mandible that the SS v2 (v1) does really look like a person with paint on, which is indeed impressive. Anyhow, looking forward to the HT fig. For anyone keeping track I went for the deluxe even though I’m still not sure I give a **** about the speeder.

I didn't/don't either, but it'll be one of those things you'd probably regret if you didn't get it. It was never on my radar, but for the price, it's a bargain 1/6 vehicle to have!

Now the wait begins :(

Im getting sick of those keeping bragging their SS Maul is far more "accurate & superior", there has been already a SS thread outthere dedicated solely for your fanclub.

Hey, I just wanted to jump in to say how amazing the SSC version is. Thanks for reminding me! ;)

I think a smaller base would be ideal for most of us. One for Maul/Maul and Droid and one for the speeder/speeder and Droid or one for Maul, one for the speeder and one for the Droid. So many options with this set.

Maybe a topper for the speeder/figure base?

Smaller bases for the figure and droid?

That would cover most options.

Hey, I just wanted to jump in to say how amazing the SSC version is. Thanks for reminding me! ;)

Sideshow Darth Maul? Yeah,awesome piece. :rock :D

Maybe a topper for the speeder/figure base?

Smaller bases for the figure and droid?

That would cover most options.

That would be a great way to do it too. I wonder if anybody will be using the old triple set of droids from SS for their display. I still have mine.

I wonder if anybody will be using the old triple set of droids from SS for their display. I still have mine.

I have mine too. Not worth selling them. They don't seem to go for much. I wonder how they compare to the included HT one, both size wise and detail. Haven't seen any one do so yet.

I didn't/don't either, but it'll be one of those things you'd probably regret if you didn't get it. It was never on my radar, but for the price, it's a bargain 1/6 vehicle to have!

Now the wait begins :(

That's what I said about the Emperor's throne... and now several months later it's just something taking up a lot of space in my collection, that I could easily live without. :lol

That's what I said about the Emperor's throne... and now several months later it's just something taking up a lot of space in my collection, that I could easily live without. :lol

That’s understandable...isn’t there a market for it to sell ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the only thing in the SW unverse that go hand in hand is Jabba and his Dias. Everything else is accessory piece I do not need. It really surprised me back in the early 90’s when Hasbro released Jabba figures without the Dias. I was like “ Can they do that?”

EDIT: Or Max Rebo with his organ. If HT released Rebo and the deluxe was his organ then naturally no hesitation “ I need the organ”

For me the only thing in the SW unverse that go hand in hand is Jabba and his Dias. Everything else is accessory piece I do not need. It really surprised me back in the early 90’s when Hasbro released Jabba figures without the Dias. I was like “ Can they do that?”

EDIT: Or Max Rebo with his organ. If HT released Rebo and the deluxe was his organ then naturally no hesitation “ I need the organ”

What about a Scout Trooper and his ride?

Of course each their own in our 1/6 collecting world. I like displaying the figure only as I feel large accessories distract from the reason your considering the peice.... the figure

I can see that ... looking at photos of collectors here & the way the display their collections has me appreciating the less is more approach. These things are in some respects to many works of art. Sometimes the space you don’t fill speaks more to a piece (or in this case figure). Than again there are some amazing dioramas and group setups that look stellar so to each their own. But my point was I believe I’m starting to lean more to your point of view.

I can see that ... looking at photos of collectors here & the way the display their collections has me appreciating the less is more approach. These things are in some respects to many works of art. Sometimes the space you don’t fill speaks more to a piece

Well said my friend!! I’m from this camp!!! :clap

I’m not defending my SS purchase. I had it for a bit last year or more ago, sold it, and have the HT Maul on order.

But the HT isn’t better in all facets. So I was surprised to read that the tattoos were more accurate, which when looking at it didn’t really appear true. And I agree with Mandible that the SS v2 (v1) does really look like a person with paint on, which is indeed impressive. Anyhow, looking forward to the HT fig. For anyone keeping track I went for the deluxe even though I’m still not sure I give a **** about the speeder.

Man, I keep going back and forth about the speeder also. So close to pulling the trigger but just can't decide if its worth the extra bucks. I was going to hold out for Spook but who knows if it will be sold out by then? 405.00 is a lot of coin.

I also think the Hologram Maul is intended to interact with the upcoming Sidious thats going to be revealed at SDCC. :pray:

“F—k you Jedi!”

Yes I’m paraphrasing a bit. Lol. [emoji1787] [emoji91]
c4259a80674918a76acf3ca3f03c8c70.jpg
873ee2d6852b8081094b57912a9ff253.jpg
105f5ba58d84cfb66fb0c826fdf74fcc.jpg

What about a Scout Trooper and his ride?

I'm actually waiting for Hot Toys to make a Scout Trooper, because it's my favorite stormtrooper design. Should they make one with a speederbike... that would be damn tempting, I can tell you that. The only issue would probably be the space that thing needs to be displayed nicely.

Back