Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less is good, at least for displaying. Putting figures on a rotation for display is a good idea.

Less is good, at least for displaying. Putting figures on a rotation for display is a good idea.

I'm in between houses at the moment. I think I might start to do that. Although it is a pain to pack and unpack.

Still I guess better than not enjoying them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually waiting for Hot Toys to make a Scout Trooper, because it's my favorite stormtrooper design. Should they make one with a speederbike... that would be damn tempting, I can tell you that. The only issue would probably be the space that thing needs to be displayed nicely.

Same here. If they do, I hope it’s around this price. I can’t justify the SS offering coming in at well over $500 for the set but $400 is doable.

Same here. If they do, I hope it’s around this price. I can’t justify the SS offering coming in at well over $500 for the set but $400 is doable.

It's possible with sales and coupons. Got my Speeder for just over $200 shipped on Amazon and Trooper from SS with a coupon and free shipping (plus got double rewards) for just under $200.

Looks like the second batch has the corrected eyes. Not as wide and bugeye as first batch.

Eyes don't look as wide open in this shot below.

IMG_5151.jpg

Are there any bodies you as able to buy with the magnetic head attachment? Could then knock up the Tatooine look with cloak covering most of it up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I thought things were on the up when Hot Toys released Leia and Luke from The Last Jedi. Those sculpts were really good, Maul and dooku even obi from Rots was lacking.

Are there any bodies you as able to buy with the magnetic head attachment? Could then knock up the Tatooine look with cloak covering most of it up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I saw that Ganghood is putting out a set of clothes with a body for the Spider-Man upgrade suit, they're just including a magnet to pop into the neckk of the body. No idea how well it'll hold, I imagine you'd have to glue the magnet in or the head would fall off easily.

Back