Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His double bladed saber to me is more iconic than the speeder.

Indeed, long before we saw his speeder that saber left it’s mark. Just seeing this first trailer instantly started my fandom and obsession.

If money were no issue I’d be buying this whole thing in an instant, however, my collecting is on a budget and already owning Sideshow 2.0, I will be trying to supplement what I have.

I think the only reason I'd get the speeder is as a background or display piece, but it just doesn't seem important or iconic enough for that to me. Unlike something like the speeder bike or even the Emperor's throne.

My thoughts as well. I’d love the speeder but the price difference is a good chunk of another figure on order. I just don’t know if I’d use it that often. Every pose I have in mind involves a speederless display.

Price of the speeder is actually really reasonable considering the cost of other 1/6 items/vehicles in a similar category. I'll probably use it as a dio piece to be displayed behind Maul.

Just seen this photos on a Facebook group, Kim Lim who has the figure.
a254b4e9d3db19b365b6e4b87d82707c.jpg
27280a64644693febcdc20319b3cf6bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's very interesting to me, that a character like Maul, who you'd think would be far easier to nail with a portrait, compared to a person who has only their exact features to define their look, seems to be elusive for that definitive portrait. Neither Sideshow nor HT hit it 100%, they each have pros and cons, if only someone could deliver one that's best of both.

I will just have the speeder in the background, as well. He is too menacing to not have standing with his saber. I hope maul and the speeder fit in a detolf. I’m really running out of room. Anyone want to buy the wife? All sales final!

The Speeder is a must-get. I'm happy with the SS v2 version of Maul so will look for the speeder loose to replace the venerable Hasbro version that I've had for many years.

I can't believe it's been 20 years since TPM! :google

Definitely in minority here, but my first pose will be using the second sculpt..

Here I thought I was the only one. Even if the expression wasn’t in the movie, I think it looks badass. And I’m thrilled to be getting 2 PERS heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Maul walks into a Dunkin'Donuts and asks for a bakers' dozen...the kid behind the counter says...'you better be careful Sir you might fat'...Maul responds with 'Hey kid, I'm a Sith... that's just as likely as getting split into two...'

:lol cute

Seriously, I think because Ray is such a tiny , short guy in height only , obviously not in muscle , I’m pretty sure HT thinks his body needs a fat suit

Ugh..I’ll have to see the YouTube reviews

C’mon Justin prove me wrong ,

Because HT Fatsuit = Lack of ab and waist crunch :slap

Those doubters that keep posting the SSC sculpt thinking it is better seriously need to look shots like these

I zoomed in on this pic

That looks like RayPark in makeup to me folks, I don’t care what anybody says about this version by HT :lecture

It’s a really nice sculpt, something just feels off and for me it’s the eyes, they’re incredibly detailed but they just don’t feel Maul when i see pictures. Maybe whites too white, not enough flesh tone of his lower eyelid showing, something, just doesn’t feel like movie Maul.

It’s a really nice sculpt, something just feels off and for me it’s the eyes, they’re incredibly detailed but they just don’t feel Maul when i see pictures. Maybe whites too white, not enough flesh tone of his lower eyelid showing, something, just doesn’t feel like movie Maul.

You sure about your theory of the eyes

Long time have HT abandoned that simple gear fixture for eyes that used to annoy me. These eyes are scary realistic for a 12” figure :dunno

Back