Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to seeing a direct side by side comparison between the two. The SS being a bit undersized (even for the shorter Ray Park) is what made me pass on that version.

Another Facebook group picture
b23133a2f12d2070b2915530b4f643db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m hoping to use the sideshow gear with the new cloak and spare head to make s second maul

What no Hasbro in that comparison? Humpf!

:lol isn’t that strange how Hasbro abandoned the 12” SW line

I believe the last time I saw a Hasbro 1/6 SW figure was the anakin/ Vader two pack I saw at Kmart on Clearance years ago :lol

:lol isn’t that strange how Hasbro abandoned the 12” SW line

I believe the last time I saw a Hasbro 1/6 SW figure was the anakin/ Vader two pack I saw at Kmart on Clearance years ago :lol

They didn't abandon it, they reduced it to hard plastic figures with the articulation of an 80's Kenner figure.

star-wars-hasbro-figuras-articuladas-titan.jpg

Sculptwise, both SSC v2 and HT looked good to me. Final choice is up to personal opinion I think.

Sculptwise, both SSC v2 and HT looked good to me. Final choice is up to personal opinion I think.
Correct both looks great. The only thing I don't like SS is the molded line on the side of the head ... They should refine their process like hot toys did if they want to stay in the game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Do you reckon they could have ****ed the consistency of lighting any harder if they tried? Both the HT & SSC look terrible is this pic.

Saying that, the HT kills the SSC for the tattoo's (being far more screen accurate) and general paint apps (even the detail in the horns).

But I still love the shape of the SSC.

Another Facebook group picture
b23133a2f12d2070b2915530b4f643db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When I was a kid, my brothers always told me Satan looked identical to Maul but without the black streaks. So I’ve always been terrified and fascinated by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost want to buy two of these, but that would be irrational.

I was considering it until I got the Sideshow v2 for cheap. Now with the Sideshow v2, the v1 on a HT body/HT extra head, and the DX with speeder I potentially have 3 Maul figures. Cloaked, uncloaked with Qui Gon, and one with speeder.

Back