Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definitely won’t go down. If this was an Indiana Jones DX going for $282, I could see it affecting sales of the next DX. They tend to pick “sure things” for DX releases though, don’t they? Which kinda sucks, because the DX prices do influence pricing trends for the rest of the figures.

Considering that no one has really ever done justice to Maul and his gritted teeth look... I hope that Hot Toys reconsiders the second sculpt. The price is steep enough that they really do need to put in a better effort. Especially since we are once again getting a damn saber arm. Well, two actually.

XM studio did that
maul001.jpg

Considering that no one has really ever done justice to Maul and his gritted teeth look... I hope that Hot Toys reconsiders the second sculpt. The price is steep enough that they really do need to put in a better effort. Especially since we are once again getting a damn saber arm. Well, two actually.

If they peruse these forums, they would. Not many are having that Ultimate Warrior sculpt. :lol

Then again, if they peruse these forums, they’d see how many people PO’d it anyway.

Sideshow got it with their first bust, just copy that.

2909_image05.jpg

Even the PF, though the teeth too clean, had the expression down.

maxresdefault.jpg

HT could pull this off.

Wor-Gar -Here's a look at that dashboard-

View attachment 420616

I saw that... but it doesn't look lit to me. I thought that was an HT lie -- just showing the dashboard so you'll assume it lights up, then in 2020 when we get it and it doesn't they'll say 'we never said it lit up'.

Wasn't his dashboard red and purple anyway?

Just google image, “Darth Maul mouth open”. First image that pops up is Ray Park as Darth Maul with his mouth open like the sculpt.

Just did this under Google Images. Nothing of the sort came up for me.
I know the one he’s talking about. It’s been posted here already. It’s a promo image. That is NOT the face the second headsculpt is making. I’d argue that the only time Maul even makes such a face is in the comics.

Back