Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The open mouth sculpt combined with the face paint reminds me of the Ultimate Warrior.

Ultimate-Warrior.jpg

Because I'm at the point in my collecting where I am just replacing older models I'll get him for the upgraded parts then sell the rest. I'm close to being done collecting and I have a custom cut medicom head that is my ray parks and my sscv2 I'm ok.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe they wanted to stand out from the rest and make something truly different and unique. And now we’re all *****ting on them for doing so. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I wonder why HT picked this as the second headsculpt. Head-scratching.

It's clearly inspiration from cartoon. Even sculpt resembles it. I believe they could do better Park likeness if they actually wanted.

They should just give us this and be done with it. Their extra mile for something more different backfired badly.

star-wars-darth-maul-son-of-dathomir-featured-image.jpg

I stick to Figuarts for Star Wars (cant afford both SW and Marvel HTs!) but I’m really tempted by this. Will likely be waitlisted by the time I decide I want it though :(

It seems most of us do not like the 2nd sculpt. For the speeder some like it, many are indifferent.

If we hadn't gotten a 2nd sculpt or speeder, and this was still a deluxe what do you guys think it should have included?

I personally would want a better lightsaber design that operates on only batteries, no wires, special arms, etc.

I like the "2nd sculpt" conceptually, I just don't like this sculpt. Few others do too. HT can change it completely, they have done it before.

The super DX17 has everything Maul had in the movie (short the other two big balls) so I can't see anything else he could come with.

If you want an EU DX18... then you deserve Spider-Legs.

Considering that no one has really ever done justice to Maul and his gritted teeth look... I hope that Hot Toys reconsiders the second sculpt. The price is steep enough that they really do need to put in a better effort. Especially since we are once again getting a damn saber arm. Well, two actually.

This is still a work in progress a year away from release, I'm sure there will be tweaks. If theres southward tweaks to the price I might pick it up :lol

Back