Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

I'm wondering about the stands, as both versions say the same thing:

That sounds like the one they show with the Standard. But the Deluxe only shows a non-dynamic Speeder stand, which hasn't been listed.

Presumably the Deluxe will have two stands.

The speeder in the deluxe appeared to plug into the back of the base. So I'd say same dynamic base for both.

The speeder in the deluxe appeared to plug into the back of the base. So I'd say same dynamic base for both.

I had a closer look and can now see that the Speeder stand has two holes in it: one in the middle for the Speeder, and an empty one at the back where the dynamic stand would plug in.

L8pNtBO.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

I'm thrilled they are also releasing a standard version without the speeder. I'd much prefer that plus my wallet will thank me.

im getting the speeder bike version...gonna have many option for dynamic poses

Definitely going for the version without the Speeder since both come with the robe.

Oh my ! Darth maul ! Preordered for sure .

This is so beautiful. Cannot wait!

Maul is such an amazing character and they've done some great work in the The Clone Wars and Rebels. If you consider yourself a smidgen of a fan for Star Wars you need to watch those shows NOW.

I had a closer look and can now see that the Speeder stand has two holes in it: one in the middle for the Speeder, and an empty one at the back where the dynamic stand would plug in.

L8pNtBO.jpg

Actually I think the second hole is for the clear stand for the probe droid to plug into.

Actually I think the second hole is for the clear stand for the probe droid to plug into.

I think you could probably swap around as you like. I recall at SDCC the bike was at the back but dynamic grabber was in the middle holding up Maul. Droid was on a little pedestal to the side.

The probe has it's own stand. If you look at the regular there is only one spot on base for the dynamic stand so the probe has it have its own thing.

It might slot in there, but it's unclear where it would go on the Standard base.

Ob0t8Ef.jpg

Hoody999's right that it's the same base for either set. The Deluxe just has an extra card topper with a second hole in it.

L8pNtBO.jpg

i hope that probe droid does not come with cheap @ss stand like with latest interrogation droid 2 pack :))

Looks like their inspiration for second sculpt might come from official image for SW merch from some era.

Maul_Hasbro.jpg

Looking at the HK pricing, Speeder is approx $100 USD more.

Not sure I Want to spend that much but it is a good looking piece.

It's weird how this hobby works, I read that and said "Only $100 extra for the speeder? Why wouldn't I?" :lol

Probably be up for preorder today then?

With so much stuff previewed up at the same time there is a chance but I would imagine throughout the week SSC will put them up.

Lots of good stuff in this set. Some bad though too.

That open mouth sculpt should have been a snarl with teeth showing. Missed opportunity there. No ankle articulation is a crying shame on a figure like this. They should have gone the extra mile and figured something out on those boots.

Overall really nice. I have faith they'll fix the sleeves. And I think I'll snag his floating trike and at least use it in a Detolf dio or, like others mentioned, put my SS Maul on it.

Not a fan of the open mouth sculpt. Yuck.

Winner otherwise.

Lots of good stuff in this set. Some bad though too.

That open mouth sculpt should have been a snarl with teeth showing. Missed opportunity there. No ankle articulation is a crying shame on a figure like this. They should have gone the extra mile and figured something out on those boots.

Overall really nice. I have faith they'll fix the sleeves. And I think I'll snag his floating trike and at least use it in a Detolf dio or, like others mentioned, put my SS Maul on it.

Was just able to see some of the other photos and noticed the ankles, images that would have otherwise looked incredible are ruined by that detail, the Sideshow v2 isn’t the greatest in this way, but HT is at Sideshow v1 / Hasbro level with the stiff feet, or their photographer did a piss poor job with setup.

Regular and DX for me. Easy. Surprised no battle damage Lightsaber. Sideshow had it with both versions. I can use it with this I guess.

Back