Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

I don’t get HT and their nomenclature. Why does the Sith speeder make it a DX release while the emperor and his chair is just a ‘Deluxe’ version?

DX have PERS and generally two sculpts/faces.

DX is for pers and double sculpt. This DX comes with or without speeder, and each one may come with or without Sidious hologram... making 4 different versions.

I would've preferred a sculpt where hes gritting his teeth rather than screaming but it looks good. Not a fan of the carved tattoos.

Geez this looks really tempting... I can’t believe hot toys dropped so many future pre orders today.

For those still in doubt, here's what I found on the official website:

Costume:
- One (1) black-colored robe
- One (1) black-colored sleeveless tunic
- One (1) black-colored tunic
- Two (2) black-colored leather-like belts
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) pair of black boots

Definitely want to pick Maul up with the Speeder. I hope they do more Star Wars DX in the future. I've always thought a Bespin Solo + Carbonite would have made a great DX release.

And this is the first Hot Toys Star Wars vehicle that is actually being released right? Bodes well for future releases hopefully - Endor Leia/Luke or Scout with speeder bike would be great :) Still think they missed a trick by not releasing a Landspeeder when ANH Luke was released.

Sorry but that angry face is laughable. :lol

Big time, especially considering Maul never did that, they’re just doing what they want and not worrying about representing the character.

The ultimate Maul set...fantastic! Issue's aside...this is going to look great on display:)
I don't like the second sculpt. I was hoping for something more like this

View attachment 419887

I agree..they should have gone with that look..

Second sculpt should be this. Not whatever they did.

Maul_snarl.jpg

Big time, especially considering Maul never did that, they’re just doing what they want and not worrying about representing the character.

The character exists beyond The Phantom Menace though. The extra head is an EU option, similar to Sideshow's first Bossk Exclusive.

kisspng-darth-maul-star-wars-the-clone-wars-youtube-star-darth-vader-5acc7bc46be3c5.0225552415233504684419.jpg

Maybe the hissing teeth version is being saved as an extra for a Solo crime lord release?

He's got to be on Sideshow soon right? HT has him listed as newly launched on their site.

Yep this looks more like the Maul from the comic books,cartoons and video game...rather than TPM.

They still might tweak the sculpt's...as they've done it before with other figures...

Yep this looks more like the Maul from the comic books,cartoons and video game...rather than TPM.

They still might tweak the sculpt's...as they've done it before with other figures...

Imagine if he came with a swap out lower half with mechanical legs. They he'd double as a Clone Wars Maul and that second sculpt would be right at home.

Any news on pricing? The speeder is cool but not sure I want to spend too much

Probably be up for preorder today then?

SPECIFICATIONS

• PRODUCT CODEDX16
  • PRODUCT NAMEDARTH MAUL
  • HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
  • POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS32
  • SPECIAL FEATURESA LED-LIGHTED RED DOUBLE-BLADED LIGHTSABER, A SITH PROBE DROID, A BINOCULARS
  • ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY KOJUN
    HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
    HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Two (2) newly developed head sculpts with iconic Sith Lord eyes equipped with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed pointed horns, remarkable tattoos and skin texture
- Body with over 32 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- One (1) pair of black-colored gauntlet
- One (1) piece of interchangeable left gauntlet with wristlink
- Ten (10) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair lightsaber holding hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding telescopes
- One (1) left fist
- Five (5) pieces of gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red double-bladed lightsaber (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) LED-lighted single-bladed lightsaber hilt (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) double-bladed lightsaber hilt (detachable into single-bladed lightsaber)
- One (1) single-bladed lightsaber hilt lid
- One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blades in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessory:
- One (1) Sith Probe Droid
- One (1) binoculars
- Specially designed dynamic figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) Darth Maul Hologram

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2019

SPECIFICATIONS

• PRODUCT CODEDX17
  • PRODUCT NAMEDARTH MAUL WITH SITH SPEEDER
  • HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
  • POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS32
  • SPECIAL FEATURESA SITH SPEEDER WITH LED-LIGHT UP FUNCTION, TWO NEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPTS WITH ICONIC SITH LORD EYES EQUIPPED WITH SEPARATE ROLLING EYEBALLS FEATURES
  • ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY KOJUN
    HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
    HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Darth Maul With Sith Speeder Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Two (2) newly developed head sculpts with iconic Sith Lord eyes equipped with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed pointed horns, remarkable tattoos and skin texture
- One (1) left fist

Costume:

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red double-bladed lightsaber (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) LED-lighted single-bladed lightsaber hilt (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) double-bladed lightsaber hilt (detachable into single-bladed lightsaber)
- One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blades in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessory:
- One (1) Sith Speeder with LED-light up function (battery operated)
- One (1) binoculars
- Specially designed dynamic figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun

The 1/6th scale Darth Maul With Sith Speeder Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- One (1) left fist

Costume:

Weapons:

Accessory:
- One (1) Sith Speeder with LED-light up function (battery operated)
- One (1) binoculars

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2019

I like the 2nd sculpt and all, but I don't remember him ever making a face like that in the movie... Then again I haven't seen it in years. Time for a refresher.

I'm gonna stick with the non speeder version... with all these new reveals i gotta cut spending as much as I can.

This will be expensive for sure. This is how you make a figure, really nice set. It was insane that ss left out the robe on their v2. I am getting this to finally replace my maul v1. One nitpick, I wish the stand matched the normal ot/pt stands. Not a fan of the stand. Oh well, the speeder looks great. This will be a nice detolf display.

I do wish bespin leia was the release today, to make sure she gets made. I guess no leia Luke or Han announcements until old leia and Luke ship and young han ships.

One nitpick, I wish the stand matched the normal ot/pt stands. Not a fan of the stand. Oh well, the speeder looks great.

I'm wondering about the stands, as both versions say the same thing:

Specially designed dynamic figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

That sounds like the one they show with the Standard. But the Deluxe only shows a non-dynamic Speeder stand, which hasn't been listed.

Presumably the Deluxe will have two stands.

Back