Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys! Having way too much fun with this one.

Duel of the fates pose.

5447036C-9A93-4D80-9025-B8EF2111E3E7.jpeg

CDB685B6-5726-487E-9DB4-9D272A8DD37D.jpeg

Got some rewards to spend. Got to decide on this figure or, Marvel Iron Man and War Machine.

Been debating for a while now. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to post some pictures of this horrible design by Hot Toys. So the clear pole that's use to hold the speeder in place on the stand does not fit properly, its way too wobbly. I took the stand apart to see if there was something I could do to fix the issue. Here are a couple of reference pics of the stand taken apart. I removed the part circled in red and that gave me about another 1/8-1/4 of an inch give or take of extra space. Put everything back together and it still wobbles, but not as much as it originally did. Poor design by Hot Toys IMO.

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Image-1 (1).jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

Last edited:
As I continue to look at this figure, the biggest sell for me is the last thing I expected...the PERS. It's just so successful with this portrait...really makes it pop.

HT TPM MAUL-012.jpg

I wasn't that impressed with it in other figures, but it is really successful here.

Wanted to post some pictures of this horrible design by Hot Toys. So the clear pole that's use to hold the speeder in place on the stand does not fit properly, its way too wobbly. I took the stand apart to see if there was something I could do to fix the issue. Here are a couple of reference pics of the stand taken apart. I removed the part circled in red and that gave me about another 1/8-1/4 of an inch give or take of extra space. Put everything back together and it still wobbles, but not as much as it originally did. Poor design by Hot Toys IMO.

View attachment 467266

View attachment 467267

View attachment 467268

View attachment 467269

View attachment 467270

View attachment 467271

View attachment 467272

Could be slight variation of parts, but I initially had the same issue as you. Until I got irritated enough to use an amount of downward force I thought might snap something. Fortunately it didn't and now the post holds firmly in the base. Maybe give that a try? Best of luck!

Alright so took everything back apart and found a different solution. Just take the clear pole and force it thru the black round adapter. Once you get that in, slide the tube back thru the stand from the bottom. Forget what I mentioned earlier, the small black adapter is needed to keep the clear pole in place. Just requires a lot of force.

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1958 (1).jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

Last edited:
Could be slight variation of parts, but I initially had the same issue as you. Until I got irritated enough to use an amount of downward force I thought might snap something. Fortunately it didn't and now the post holds firmly in the base. Maybe give that a try? Best of luck!

Yep, that's pretty much what it is. Just requires a lot of force. I was scared I was going to snap it in half but it finally went in.

I posted the same problem a few days ago. I took out the nut that screws in to holds the bendy arm in the middle to give the clear post a little extra depth. Worked really well once I realized what the black adapter inside was for. Requires a lot of force to get it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's attached with a peg that is inserted into a hole on the hilt. It's the same method that HT has used for all of the prequel saber hilts so far.

Back