Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS hasn't been giving me my 10 day notice anymore on almost any HT order.

I also got my Jack in from SS Thursday. Everything that has been said is 100% valid. He needs a thorough redressing though to fit everything right. But he's great fun. The eyes are super cool and much better than the early PERS design. I wish this would be a standard. I'll have to box him up for a while. Need to study and prep too much to overhaul the display cabinets right now.
6a809dce04c8542da659e7ee8d4b70c2.jpg

Maulfan I thought you had him bud? What with your expert break down and work on the cost etc.

Somehow missed this but found it looking for another post, thank you, sadly I do not have mine yet but am highly vested in making mine the best he can be to my liking.

This all awaits his arrival.

997CDF7B-18CF-40BA-ACB5-1B5F10DE510A.jpeg

Thank you bbts for not geting present for my birthday 25. may.
I blame Wor-Gar most because i trusted in his unmistakable judgment in preorders. Tryed alter ego but they even dont deliver parcels in my country like i live in antartica maybe. I am kidding Wor-Gar couldnt resist. It is really wierd what is happening with this figure and bbts. I thought they are much stronger company wit lots of influence and they didnt get a single box yet.

Hot Toys' primary market is HK, in the old days, companies like Sideshow, BBTS, AE, etc. would order directly from them and not necessarily offer everything HT produced.

A few years back, Sideshow established a relationship with HT to become an official distributor in the U.S. for them, probably partly driven by their cross over licenses and wanting to make a mutually beneficial arrangement, and since then, places like BBTS now have to go through Sideshow first to get their stock.

Considering Sideshow direct customers are still slowly getting notices, it's not surprising that dealers aren't getting their inventory yet, though I would think Sideshow at some point would start balancing dealer orders with their direct customers given how the stock for this figure is trickling in, but they probably want to keep people loyal to buying through them and taking care of all directs first.

Again, I don't blame anyone but HT on this, however they are handling production and distribution of this figure, it's dragging out at a ridiculous pace that seems like no other, but it's clear they're also trying to pump out Infinity War figures while the iron's hot and some figures seem coming out quite ahead of when expected like Jedi Luke.

Agree with you MaulFan. My post was here because its little easier when you said whats on your mind. I really was 100% sure i will get in may this figure. Now for this experience i made preorder at Sideshow for Jedi Luke. It will be some more expensive for me because they are not using usps delivery which means in my country courier services takes more for some middle man taxes and thats bad. And on all of that i need to pay 25% vat. Today i get enterbay MJ black version and i paid 72 $ taxes. I think we have some of highest taxes in the world like we are reachiest country in the world. USA are like "thrid country world" for us :wink1:.

If anything is to be blamed for bad mojo, it's the importance of Jack to me, the loss of DX06 was tough, the excitement at a second chance with DX15 off the charts, the excitement over the final product beyond anything, so of course, life is testing me and prolonging the climax of my journey back to having an amazing Jack Sparrow in my collection, and all who also used BBTS will suffer along with me.

I really love that there was no warning from BBTS about charging Jack. I'm happy to get him, but I hadn't transferred funds in preparation for it. Annoying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I still cant believe i got mine before you guys in the US. The only good thing about having to wait is that hes so worth it, hang in there and dont let him send you too mad :cuckoo:

tumblr_m1ayoprUtc1r99f4t.gif

Besides youve waited longer for a DX Barbossa right? :lol Before you know it Jack will be in your hands and youve got the rest of your life to enjoy him :yess:

Im mad enough to be holdng out for a Hot Toys Caribbean Pirate costumed DX Elizabeth Swan :impatient:

BelovedAchingGalapagostortoise-max-1mb.gif

Got mine earlier too! Finally!

So its true, no more 10-day notices. They just wait until they have them in hand and then tell you. :lol

Hope mine ships by tomorrow, then I might get it by next Friday.

Back