Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took a gander at Toys2 website as I’ve had good experience with them, wrote in, Jack is in stock, looks like only one left, so I got excited thinking I could go with them and finally have Jack, but apparently in the years since I last used them, shipping went way up to the US, just under $36 for my cheapest option, I can’t justify an extra $30 more than BBTS for impatience.

So I took a gander at Toys2 website as I’ve had good experience with them, wrote in, Jack is in stock, looks like only one left, so I got excited thinking I could go with them and finally have Jack, but apparently in the years since I last used them, shipping went way up to the US, just under $36 for my cheapest option, I can’t justify an extra $30 more than BBTS for impatience.

Yep, been a long, long time since Toys2 was a viable option.

AE is no better, and they're in the states -- makes Sideshow shipping look like a deal.

Wow! I used to LOVE Alter Ego and use them a LOT! No wonder I stopped using them. They DO have free shipping on a lot of their pre-orders however.

I was quoted $22 for the cheapest shipping option with AE and that’s from Ohio to MA, I’m saving the money and riding out with BBTS.

I got a 14 day notice from SS yesterday, so a new batch must be rolling in.

This was the last 14 day notice from Sideshow that I'm aware of, at least shared here, based on that timeline I anticipated around 5/10 arrival at Sideshow, and probably somewhere around 5/15-5/17 to arrive at BBTS if they were getting any, giving a week to arrive.

This was the last 14 day notice from Sideshow that I'm aware of, at least shared here, based on that timeline I anticipated around 5/10 arrival at Sideshow, and probably somewhere around 5/15-5/17 to arrive at BBTS if they were getting any, giving a week to arrive.

That must be where I made my calculations... but not a peep from BBTS as to an imminent arrival or anything. And no one else mentioned the 14 day notice.

Really strange tides here... :)

Are they shipping Jack a box at a time? Or is there some weird voodoo thing with the DX making its return?

Lucky.

They're waitlisted now. But I see they have listed the May 15th as "FIRM"... wish BBTS could say that. They're looking quite flaccid right now.

Man, I wish I could switch to another retailer.

I'm actually surprised they got their stock before BBTS. They usually get it first.

BBTS was once exceptionally reliable and got their stock from Sideshow quickly. But man, something's changed over there.

I can't believe I've got people's pictures of this figure from February and here it is May and we still don't even have a 10-Day notice from BBTS or anything. That's going to be a 4 month wait! And all we got is them sneakily changing the arrival Quarter from 1 to 2.

For me, that means no more preorders with them. Waiting over a year for a figure is hard enough, then tack on an extra 4 months while enviously watching others have fun. That's just torture. And its not worth the $10-$15 I save on shipping.

Last edited:
BBTS was once exceptionally reliable and got their stock from Sideshow quickly. But man, something's changed over there.

I can't believe I've got people's pictures of this figure from February and here it is May and we still don't even have a 10-Day notice from BBTS or anything. That's going to be a 4 month wait. That means no more preorders for me there. Waiting over a year for a figure is hard enough, then tack on an extra 4 months while enviously watching others have fun. That's just torture.

I agree. Theres been couple figures that have taken awhile. The Anikan has taken forever too.

Back