Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottom two photos look more like the color I'm used to, with the tint of gray, but the first one looks more like HT coats, but the whole shot has a red hue to it.

I suppose they could base off something like that and maybe the real prop looks far different in all video footage, especially where the toy coat varies, in some shots it looks nearly black and other spot on and other brown as it most looked in hand before I touched it up. I'm just glad touching it up worked out.

Lots of things done on a TV budget are "good enough". Remember all shows like Pimp My House and the one where neighbors renovate each other's homes? You can't redo a house for $10k, but you can do a bunch of half ass stuff that passes on TV.

Lots of things done on a TV budget are "good enough". Remember all shows like Pimp My House and the one where neighbors renovate each other's homes? You can't redo a house for $10k, but you can do a bunch of half ass stuff that passes on TV.

Yeah, the Big Brother house looks hokey and fragile, like you could kick thru a wall with little effort.

The bottom two photos look more like the color I'm used to, with the tint of gray, but the first one looks more like HT coats, but the whole shot has a red hue to it.

I suppose they could base off something like that and maybe the real prop looks far different in all video footage, especially where the toy coat varies, in some shots it looks nearly black and other spot on and other brown as it most looked in hand before I touched it up. I'm just glad touching it up worked out.

Eager to see that coat on your new Sparrow. I think you did an amazing job on it, and I'm looking at your recipe to perhaps do the same...

Re TPIR, Bob Barker insisted they not change or update the sets, games or even microphone from the 70s as the show went on, thinking that the audience had to come to love that look and if changed it would hurt the show and it's "magic" and nostalgia.

Eager to see that coat on your new Sparrow. I think you did an amazing job on it, and I'm looking at your recipe to perhaps do the same...

Thanks, as am I, my computer desk is full of scattered Sparrow parts awaiting his arrival, coat on a generic TT body, my had, loose DX06 hands.

Two more shots of jack...the kitchen comes in handy :rotfl
I have the trinkets hanging fairly low and i'll eventually shorten them but for now they'll do as they are a PIA to thread.

m6fFEv0.png

sAnQ4wJ.png

Wonderful shots guys! [emoji41]

I have found a few more issues with my Jack including the previous nose rub and bandana problem. I called Sideshow and they requested some photos of the damage.

Perhaps I'm just being overly picky but considering how long I've waited for this figure, and how much I love the character, it has to be right.
80fdd6fcb906faa5f31d88cd6500ae7b.jpg
de9e32b659625d7460f7f8bf5536f165.jpg
bba233bf9d7eb01ad6132ace5b155311.jpg
8707f396ac8a32317837272e215d9db9.jpg

Not at all, at $265, you should be entitled to a quality product, I hope for your sake they accept these as damage.

While I may be waiting longer for BBTS, I do like how they've handled similar problems for me in the past, Sideshow actually has let me down and told me that such defects didn't warrant replacement and that my option was return it or keep it as is.

Was waiting long enough I'd forget about this guy - but...a day delay from those nor'easters ended well when.....

OMG. This is the ONE and I own all the Jacks. It's freaky how perfect the face is d*mn you Hot Toys!:lol Yeah, adding the little bits takes some futzing but I like futzing. This is the ONE. From the hand wraps to the hair trinkets - even the little bird skull in the back of the hair - to the wrist wraps to friggin' working pockets in the jacket - Jesus.

I thought Dr. Strange was a great release - and he IS - but I love the sea:monkey3. The sword metal sword blade. Love this base - sort of a strong rubbery plastic stuff that won't be chipping. Don't have time to work with him much but for sure I want another one to upgrade my early Jacks. I'm blown away. Why can't every sculpt be this good?

Couple of quick cell pics - wish I had more time but anyway even the BOX is a stunner. Just when I'm irritably thinking my fav MCU character Bucky needs a sculpt upgrade for IW and what I'm NOT gonna buy re IW I get something like this. I don't know all the fine details re costumes that some have mentioned but jeez it's like having a mini Jack - freaky LOL:lol:clap:blissy:inlove

HT_JackSparrow_DeadMen2.jpg

HT_JackSparrow_DeadMen1.jpg

April 4th, ok. So all BBTS are 2nd wave as well, I guess we'll be getting ours shipped around the 10th -15th. I'll be expecting a BBTS 10 day notice April 1st and it better not be a joke. :lol

I wonder if any tweaks were made, someone mentioned a lighter skin tone, but Jack had a pretty dark tan so we'll see.

Back