Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, still selling that off. Helps make room for other stuff I'd rather have.

I like PotC, but I don't like it that much. There's other stuff on the horizon I could see myself wanting more than Captain Jack, so I'm trying to conserve space when possible.

No, still selling that off. Helps make room for other stuff I'd rather have.

I like PotC, but I don't like it that much. There's other stuff on the horizon I could see myself wanting more than Captain Jack, so I'm trying to conserve space when possible.

Make sense man I know what you mean. Space and money aren't endless so we gotta pick and choose how we use them. I'm gonna have to cancel a figure I PO'd as well. I really like POTC though so Jack is at the top of my excited-for list, and I hope to see more.

Black Pearl PO'd...keepin' my Jack Sparrow PO too:love. Hear folks re space issues but I already target favs and JS is one of those - meanwhile others get a complete pass...or get passed over 'coz a sculpt or other just annoys me too

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, can we get back to talking about toys? ;)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Okay yes, back to the figure. I'm still getting the figure because the character isn't the man. It's an amazing piece of art.

I ain't writing him no fan letters though-I'll tell ya that��

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe we never got a Barbossa. It's not like he wasn't a popular character. He had an important role in every movie. But I guess he's not iconic like Jack Sparrow is.

It's not so surprising is it? Consider this...

How many Johnny Depp figures has Hot Toys made?

Now how many other characters from any of those same movies have been made?

It's not so surprising is it? Consider this...

How many Johnny Depp figures has Hot Toys made?

Now how many other characters from any of those same movies have been made?
Didn't Hot Toys do several other characters from POTC: At World's End?

Yes! Forgot those. Was that was before all the Marvel and Star Wars characters in their production lines?

I'm just saying, they seem to be focused on Johnny Depp. Maybe they already his likeness rights sorted out and don't bother going after all the supporting cast because it's too much hassle for niche characters that wont sell big numbers.

I sometimes feel like their top 3 licensed properties are Marvel, Star Wars and Johnny Depp.

A Barbossa from the original film / trilogy would be great. Plus Jack the Monkey, obviously ; )
DX with regular and cursed/zombie versions of Hector? Will never happen. Arŕrrrr!!!

Pirates was actually one of the first lines when their figure quality really took a turn towards realism back in 2007. HT was small back then, doing mostly older properties like Aliens, Terminator, Robocop, Rambo, etc. When The Dark Knight came out in 2008, the entire world of 1/6 collecting changed, from mass produced products to customs, demand for product was at insane levels and demand for quality went through the roof. Even the quality of conversation around this site changed a lot, where people didn't scrutinize the size of a skin pore on a sculpt for accuracy. For a time, it actually made me resent the movie. I've been here since 2006 and really enjoyed those couple years. I still enjoy coming here but I'm more selective where I participate because I don't enjoy the tone of many conversations. The shift in the hobby also introduced a lot of entitlement people to join forums and bring a bleak attitude. I'm glad Pirates threads are still a realm for fun.

Back