Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be the last one, so I'll probably just get it either way and leave it in the box until I decide what I'll do. The hair seems like the thing driving me to get this, lol. I'm not entirely sold on the face yet. The dx06 had a pretty damn good likeness.

I saw the movie last week and think a barbosa from this movie would make a great figure but I doubt hot toys makes him.

SDCC 2017 photos courtesy of Michael Crawford.

sdcc2017-sideshow-9.jpg

sdcc2017-sideshow-13.jpg

That base is pretty bad IMO, the shark just ruins it

Sent from a single point in space and time

Granted it's different kind of lighting, but the coat color looks damn near perfect there, I'm hoping the coat that ships is the right color so I won't have to customize it, but we'll see.

I was really hoping Barbossa would've been revealed at SDCC. Didn't expect it though, and I won't expect it now. Too bad they don't seem to wanna give us more Pirates figures.

And sadly, they wasted resources developing Valerian figures when the movie is a flop, at least Pirates made money.

And sadly, they wasted resources developing Valerian figures when the movie is a flop, at least Pirates made money.

I wish Asmus or Star ace could get the license. Sure their quality isn't as nice as HT, but it's still really good and we would at least get a decent amount of alternate characters.

If Star ace went as all in with a Pirates line as much as they've done for Harry Potter...Or Asmus with their Lord of the Rings figures...it would be happy days for sure. Hell...we'd have a Pintel and Ragetti two pack by now :lol

No offense to anyone that has them, but i think the asmus lotr figures look terrible. Several times i considered them, but each one turned out terrible from proto>mp.

I wish Asmus or Star ace could get the license. Sure their quality isn't as nice as HT, but it's still really good and we would at least get a decent amount of alternate characters.

If Star ace went as all in with a Pirates line as much as they've done for Harry Potter...Or Asmus with their Lord of the Rings figures...it would be happy days for sure. Hell...we'd have a Pintel and Ragetti two pack by now :lol

Star Ace, Asmus and ThreeZero could offer acceptable options for Pirates, Star Ace would be my vote only for the fact that they seem to have the best likenesses of the 3, with ThreeZero in 2nd and Asmus last.

I think HT still having a license is probably all that's holding someone else up, which is a shame, HT monopolizes it and wastes it.

^Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm pumped that we're getting the DX15 Jack Sparrow. But, until they do a sixth installment, I'd bet money that this is the last PotC character we see from Hot Toys.

I think HT still having a license is probably all that's holding someone else up, which is a shame, HT monopolizes it and wastes it.

Yeah, that's absolutely what's happening. The thing is...Hot Toys has a pretty cemented business partnership with Disney, so there's a questions as to whether Disney would even offer the license to anyone else....Sadly, I doubt it.

Think of all the other 1:6th companies...Do any of them have a Disney license? Sideshow has Star Wars and Marvel, but they're in bed with Hot Toys as well.

It occurred to me today, both at SDCC and AniCon, Jack's smirk portrait was not on display, wonder if that's indicative of it being further worked on.

Back