Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The product listing says it's professionally hand carved (maybe just the display?)....that's probably why they can get away with that price...

Release Date: Q4, 2017
Preorder Deadline:Jul,07,2017
Pre-Order now with Beast Kingdom Global Distributor:
https://www.beast-kingdom.com.tw/Salemap/Index.aspx

Special Features
 Proportionally shrunk down from the original factory size, carefully carved classic vessels straight from the movies.
 Careful, realistic painting using composite materials completely recreates ships from the movies.
 Internal light structures add atmosphere to the statue.
 Professionally hand-carved display.
 Limited production.

Where legends meet craftsmanship: Master Craft
Beast Kingdom unveils the mysterious Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean
Legend
The link between all of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the Black Pearl has followed Captain Jack on his adventures, inciting many complicated and widely told tales of the sea. She is the perfect silver screen partner for Captain Jack, escaping from the ocean’s jaws of death on many occasions. Although the hull bears the scars of many a battle, it still holds the title of the fastest ship in the Caribbean.
Craftsmanship
Beast Kingdom’s Master Craft Series introduces the limited production 1:144 scale Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, whose masterful craftsmanship includes every detail. Over 100 small parts have been incorporated into this 35cm long, 36cm tall vessel. The masthead dictates the ship’s direction, and a large anchor hangs over the side. Soaring masts support billowing sails, and the jolly roger waves is blown by a fierce wind, all these details show an amazing level of craftsmanship. Skillful application of paint is shown through the aging of the hull and patching on the sails, adding layers and bringing them to life.
The cabin of the ship contains lighting, including 3 old fashioned lanterns at the stern. When connected to electricity, these lamps lend the ship an eerie glow as if it were floating on the sea. The display base is made of great waves and spray, lifting the speedy Black Pearl high on its journey, completely capturing her time breaking waves with Captain Jack like in the movies. Each Beast Kingdom Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean sculpture comes with a stainless steel nameplate and a limited production serial number, adding a unique value to your collection!

Isn't the price in Taiwanese Dollars?
The price would be a lot better, if that's the case

It's logical that the price would be in Taiwanese Dollars, there is the headquarter:
b6225677f3a594e44a233e59a3f46564.jpg

"When connected to electricity, these lamps lend the ship an eerie glow"

Bummer. I only purchase ships with lamps that can achieve an eerie glow with no electricity.

I hope it does turn out to be $250. I'd definitely have to get it then, especially with those eerie lights!

That kind of reminds me of the McFarlane "Orca" piece from "Jaws", only cheaper looking...

The Mcfarlane Jaws dio is definitely a classic and a favorite in my collection.

Ahhhhhhh, a true connoisseur of great waves.

Thanks but I'm sure there are those out there who have forgotten more about great waves than you or I will ever know.:lol

But seriously, if this comes in around $250 I'm in. Hopefully BBTS will carry it.

Think in the main this is a win-win for everyone. Those already with a dx06 will be happy they haven't got to upgrade and those of us without a Jack will be pleased to have the opportunity to get one without the ridiculous eBay prices. The Base is a love it or hate it deal. Personally, I think it's great, but can appreciate it's not for everyone. Plus, I like both of the new sculpts. No brainer for me, could end up being one of my favourite pieces.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Back