Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOOOO tempted to buy this from my LCS. It's $30 more but it's in stock and I can have it tomorrow! What to do? What to do?

Go for it! This is such a nice figure that is loaded with accessories. I can see this figure going up in value after it sells out. If it does, you will be glad that you got it while you could.

Does anyone have both dx06 and 15 how do they compare is the dx15 a lot better than 06 or is it a fine margin.
I have both now and I like things from both. What I love from dx 6 ( the hat is the top thing compared to the 15. I also like the coat and the shrunken head better on the 6 as par the coat I think it’s too baggy in the 15 especially the arms. I also like the pistols from the dx 6 more too as they have nice weathering with the 15 they look brand new. Other then that the 15 is superior. The base I like both. I like the wheel base and I also like the 15 diorama kinda base.

I have both now and I like things from both. What I love from dx 6 ( the hat is the top thing compared to the 15. I also like the coat and the shrunken head better on the 6 as par the coat I think it’s too baggy in the 15 especially the arms. I also like the pistols from the dx 6 more too as they have nice weathering with the 15 they look brand new. Other then that the 15 is superior. The base I like both. I like the wheel base and I also like the 15 diorama kinda base.

I noticed the shrunken head being much smaller for the DX15 and after looking at pics of Depp, noticed it was very accurate. I like that kind of attention to detail.
Agree with you on the pistols too, but again, I looked at screen shots and his main pistol is really quite clean looking and very red/mahogany in colour like the new fig.

I noticed the shrunken head being much smaller for the DX15 and after looking at pics of Depp, noticed it was very accurate. I like that kind of attention to detail.
Agree with you on the pistols too, but again, I looked at screen shots and his main pistol is really quite clean looking and very red/mahogany in colour like the new fig.

It seems like depending on the reference images, HT was very attentive to film specific details.

With 5 films over 15 years, there’s bound to be new props made and I feel like POTC 4 and 5 did less weathering to props.

Red pistol.

38D21049-77C6-44DC-9218-4903314C774F.jpeg

6401F96E-7599-4CD8-AF51-C042FFF459DD.jpeg

More classic brown pistol.

8D9C3F1C-DDB1-4629-A968-6DDD1AF22715.jpeg

8D39B4BC-E993-4AAB-B3D2-0BD23B3E6A16.jpeg

98C959CB-DC37-44E6-8BA4-1D64A865EB37.jpeg

Cracked my Jack open this morning—a truly excellent figure. Pretty amazed at just how large the base ended up being.

My only complaints are that the chest looks kinda plastic-y compared to the face. And the hat. That damn ****ing hat. That thing is an abomination. Obviously I was joking earlier about the 2nd batch having a better hat, but damn, I still didn’t expect it to be THAT bad. So I’m very glad I decided to grab a DX06 hat off eBay a couple weeks ago. But even that one isn’t that accurate, and it fits pretty snug. I also am not a huge fan of the rooted hair, but that’s futzable. I’ll probably try some actual hair product stuff.

Someone, please, do a custom hat! If someone wants to post a tutorial for how to take the stock hat apart and put it back together to get it looking a little better, then I would be down for that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cracked my Jack open this morning—a truly excellent figure. Pretty amazed at just how large the base ended up being.

My only complaints are that the chest looks kinda plastic-y compared to the face. And the hat. That damn ****ing hat. That thing is an abomination. Obviously I was joking earlier about the 2nd batch having a better hat, but damn, I still didn’t expect it to be THAT bad. So I’m very glad I decided to grab a DX06 hat off eBay a couple weeks ago. But even that one isn’t that accurate, and it fits pretty snug. I also am not a huge fan of the rooted hair, but that’s futzable. I’ll probably try some actual hair product stuff.

Someone, please, do a custom hat! If someone wants to post a tutorial for how to take the stock hat apart and put it back together to get it looking a little better, then I would be down for that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may go for this if it turns out well, Could make a world of difference.

Well i just ordered leather for making 1/6 Jack Hats so if anyone interested lmk via pm. I'll explain the process here in a bit.

^best sash work so far.
Haha thanks man. I think Jokes&Bats has me beat Now
This is the look I was trying to replicate with my sash:

View attachment 403984
I love that you’ve done :clap
I know the comment also includes you in it, although I didn't phrase it right. Lol but credit to you also. And awesome pics
I’m just messing about :wink1: I think everyone’s looks amazing! You can’t go wrong with this figure :duff:
Utterly love this figure. My favourite pirate of all time.

Love it! You’re futzing has always been amazing! That’s the AWE hat, right? I have one but haven’t tried to on this guy yet. Looks great in your pics :clap

Definitely the AWE hat, always struck me off why HT put two random dirt spots over the stitches and that was it.

It seems like depending on the reference images, HT was very attentive to film specific details.

With 5 films over 15 years, there’s bound to be new props made and I feel like POTC 4 and 5 did less weathering to props.

Red pistol.

View attachment 404672

View attachment 404673

More classic brown pistol.

View attachment 404674

View attachment 404675

View attachment 404676

I heard a rumor I am not sure how true it is but the reason they added the snake skin/alligator belt was to hide Johnny’s belly he had gotten. During this time was the whole wife thing and the over drinking and I saw photos out of costume and had a beer belly so I heard they had that to cover that up. Now take that with a grain of salt I have no idea how true that is.

Haha thanks man. I think Jokes&Bats has me beat Now

Love it! You’re futzing has always been amazing! That’s the AWE hat, right? I have one but haven’t tried to on this guy yet. Looks great in your pics :clap

:hi5: That means a lot - thank you :)

I love how everyone here is still able to enjoy this figure and the character despite the negative reviews the later films have received.

I re-watched all five in the last week and I'm almost tempted to say Dead Men Tell No Tales is my second fav after COTBP.

I heard a rumor I am not sure how true it is but the reason they added the snake skin/alligator belt was to hide Johnny’s belly he had gotten. During this time was the whole wife thing and the over drinking and I saw photos out of costume and had a beer belly so I heard they had that to cover that up. Now take that with a grain of salt I have no idea how true that is.

Heard many rumors about Johnny’s troubles through the making of this one, and it’s actually impacted me watching the film because I find myself at times trying to figure out if he’s playing Jack to be certain ways or it’s Johnny not giving his all. Can’t blame a guy for struggling to work through marriage issues though, been there and it’s never your best work. One particular moment is his very last line, something seems odd about the way his face is moving when he speaks like he’s hammered, it just feels a bit slurred and unnatural.

Someone who had both dxs has tried to switch faces (not the full heads) between the two ? Does it work ?
For example the dx15 face goes into the dx6 head/hair and viceversa ?

I re-watched all five in the last week and I'm almost tempted to say Dead Men Tell No Tales is my second fav after COTBP.

I still love DMC but I actually might rank DMTNT as the second most re-watchable along with CotBP. DMC has its dull moments and drags on a bit, whereas the running time of DMTNT is relatively well-balanced (compared to the other three sequels, anyway).

Back