Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on how accurate you want it. I've made my own COTBP Jack before and to get everything 'right' it wasn't cheap:

• Vest: OG medicom for the front blue panels sewed together with the accurate backing from the UU Jack Sparrow
  • Baldric (aka chest belt for sword and scabbard): Hand made by myself.
  • Sword: Angelica has the most accurate as it's a little rusty/weathered on the blade if I recall. Either of the DX scabbards will fit it. if not, either of the DX swords will work
  • Pants: hand made.
  • Boots: DX06 (but I like DX15 as well)
  • Shirt: UU Shirt is the most accurate but a DX06 shirt will be good enough. DX15 is too grey looking IMO.
  • Hat: Repainted UU hat as I was using the a customized UU headsculpt. if you go with the HT head the medi hat will fit with some heat. BUT if you add a fabric bandana, the medi hat wont fit. I've done it and even with heat and dremmling out the interior, it's just too tight. I go back and forth with the UU hat and the HT AWE hat.
  • Hands: UU Jack right hands with Enterbay Bruce lee left hands as the paint matched really well. add the dark spit on the back of the left hand between the thumb and index finger.
  • Jacket: At the time I was using the UU jacket, but now I would go MaulFan's rought and repaint the DX15 though I do feel the sleaves are long
  • Pistol: DX06
  • Compass: DX15
  • Belt: repainted DX06 light brown belt with buckle cut from the OG medicom plastic belt.
  • Sash: UU Jack Sparrow sash is the most accuarte.
  • Wrist wrap: UU Jack has a very accurate solf vinyl/rubber one or the DX06 fabric one will work.

This one was mine. I was still working on the baldric at the time. I have gone down to owning just one Jack now, which the DMC version I'm almost done with. That's my favorite POTC movie so this one has been scrapped.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Thanks. Yeah I was checking out the custom Jack thread for thoughts and ideas.

A few of those things I'll be able to circumvent. Like the back of the vest, since hell have his coat on. Wont see it. The sword too will be sheathed as I'm trying to recreate the "first appearance" look.

But this does help in what I need to source.

I did find a Medicom on ebay for $99 so I pulled the trigger on that..

Just need to find that Enterbay head for that bandana! But if I end up buying that whole figure I could use those extra parts too. Will have to see.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah I was checking out the custom Jack thread for thoughts and ideas.

A few of those things I'll be able to circumvent. Like the back of the vest, since hell have his coat on. Wont see it. The sword too will be sheathed as I'm trying to recreate the "first appearance" look.

But this does help in what I need to source.

I did find a Medicom on ebay for $99 so I pulled the trigger on that..

Just need to find that Enterbay head for that bandana! But if I end up buying that whole figure I could use those extra parts too. Will have to see.
I'll try to take a pic this weekend so you can see what the DX15 head looks like with a UU bandana on it as well as how the different hats look with that head (I have all 3 plastic hats, none of the DX ones though). I'm using a customized DX15 headfor my DMC figure. Keep in mind, I'm not as good as you or MaulFan when it comes to taking pics of these things.

Always enjoy seeing your Jacks!

Same to you man. Your pics bring so much life as well. I would kill for your photography skills.

Thanks, Captain Jack is easily one of my all time favorite characters in film, and these Hot Toys portraits really allow me to have fun with Photography. I remember when I had the original Medicom, so much about it was nice, but that headsculpt, sickly skin tone and Hasbro face paint quality, which was a shame because it had a really good Depp Likeness, better than Pre-DX Hot Toys, which is a shame, outside of Cannibal Jack's head.

Where is this Jack customs thread, not sure I've ever seen it?

I'll try to take a pic this weekend so you can see what the DX15 head looks like with a UU bandana on it as well as how the different hats look with that head (I have all 3 plastic hats, none of the DX ones though). I'm using a customized DX15 headfor my DMC figure. Keep in mind, I'm not as good as you or MaulFan when it comes to taking pics of these things.

Same to you man. Your pics bring so much life as well. I would kill for your photography skills.
Thanks man! I'd appreciate it. That is probably my biggest need/want is that soft goods/fabric bandana...
Thanks, Captain Jack is easily one of my all time favorite characters in film, and these Hot Toys portraits really allow me to have fun with Photography. I remember when I had the original Medicom, so much about it was nice, but that headsculpt, sickly skin tone and Hasbro face paint quality, which was a shame because it had a really good Depp Likeness, better than Pre-DX Hot Toys, which is a shame, outside of Cannibal Jack's head.

Where is this Jack customs thread, not sure I've ever seen it?
Its probably buried. I'll bump it if you guys think we should continue the custom discussion there....I think last post was back in 2016. Otherwise we can just keep everything in this thread?

Thanks man! I'd appreciate it. That is probably my biggest need/want is that soft goods/fabric bandana...Its probably buried. I'll bump it if you guys think we should continue the custom discussion there....I think last post was back in 2016. Otherwise we can just keep everything in this thread?

It's fine keeping conversation here, I'm more curious to see the content than anything.

That first one I posted shows the size difference between Medi and HT.... hopefully that vest won't be too small.

That said, all the first HT Sparrows were way too tall.

Medicom body and the slim used for the DX Jacks are pretty close in proportions, shouldn’t be a problem at all.

The first Jacks were made when HT bodies were one size fits all, far too big for Depp and the way the boots connected to the body added height too. So glad they did the DX releases with the body they used, it’s perfect.

The first Jacks were made when HT bodies were one size fits all, far too big for Depp and the way the boots connected to the body added height too. So glad they did the DX releases with the body they used, it’s perfect.

Yep. I still have all those early HT Sparrows... even have the Cannibal Jack still in his box never opened. Was waiting on that chair that never came to be. :lol

Ah yes, the days of having multiple Jacks, the peak of my collection.

9D460D3D-F5B8-471D-9351-34131DE4A1A7.jpeg

I do have a Cannibal head, headdress and scepter to remake that figure, just haven?t sourced the other parts yet.

This is my current display.

D80F8C31-6CB9-4CFF-857F-094C5CB0F100.jpeg

And because it?s Valentines Day, in October I got married and we had a Pirates of the Caribbean themed wedding, I got to dress like Jack as long as I didn?t do the dreads :lol

6F6C7624-85F7-431A-B841-B7C483928E83.jpeg

What?s cool about my jar of dirt now is that it?s filled with Caribbean beach sand I brought back from my honeymoon.

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!

That's a classic picture. Hope its framed by that jar of Caribbean dirt.

And I like your current Jack display... but who fell over above him in that photo? Is that the Emperor?

That is too cool! Congratulations but why is the rum gone?...

Lol, so I actually found a glass bottle shaped like some of the bottles in the movies and bought it at a flea market near the wedding venue and had it full of rum to drink at the reception. Drink up me hearties, yo-ho.

Congrats on your marriage, MaulFan :clap:

Ok, so nothing fancy with the pics. It's pretty cloudy down here so good natural light in my home is next to 0. we're supposed to get some sun tomorrow and Monday, so maybe I'll be able to get something better then; but, for now, I hope this helps. I don't know why the pictures uploaded so small. I'll try something else next time. Any good places to host pics aside from uploading directly to this site?

My current Sparrow is a modified DX15 head with UU fabric bandanna. Like I said, I'll try to better detailed pics tomorrow, but I've never been good at pics with my phone and I have no idea where my old digital camera is that I took the previous photos with. If anyone has tips for good quality phone pics, I'd appreciate it (I've got an iPhone 8 Plus). Pics of my dogs and myself seem to come out nice and crisp, but I can never get quality pics of my collectibles on my phone.

Medicom Hat:
attachment.php

Hot Toys At World's End Hat:
attachment.php

UU/Enterbay Hat:
attachment.php

Back