Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never buy for what it'll be worth later, as I've only ever sold out of necessity, which is what happened with my DX06 Jack, but I'm in a really good place right now where there should never happen again.

For me, Jack is one of my most favorite characters ever and I'd give up almost my entire collection to not have to lose him.

I can't give you sensible advice since I am not a Star Wars fan (which is probably blashemy on here) but I'd go for Jack anytime.

I never buy for what it'll be worth later, as I've only ever sold out of necessity, which is what happened with my DX06 Jack, but I'm in a really good place right now where there should never happen again.

For me, Jack is one of my most favorite characters ever and I'd give up almost my entire collection to not have to lose him.

I'm not talking about reselling, but which one could be more expensive to get later on if I decide to get both some time in the future :)

Crap phone pics but I finally got around to putting better hair on my Jack Sparrow.
20190711_202833-01.jpg
20190711_203651-01.jpg
20190711_203331-01.jpg20190711_203916-01.jpg20190711_204028-01.jpg

64f8953da92e599d09c629d8c113d1cd.jpg
184a2cd01b7655f3d4b4736c78b7cc75.jpg
a10dff2ecfc03838f6fd6c115ff5b51b.jpg
ecc73678269398039cf73b8976326567.jpg
1ebd01f02529be8ac8e59d438122808b.jpg

Sharing my pics of this great figure and also dx06. Instagram: golden_lion85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking I need to start doing some mods to my other favorite Treasure hunter...

Who did the soft goods bandanas I've seen? Do they still take orders? Do they make any like CotBP?

At this point I highly doubt we will see a legit Curse of the Black Pearl Sparrow now so I'm thinking I need to convert one of my three Jack's into his first appearance. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thank you! FB_IMG_1581619309445.jpgFB_IMG_1581619312200.jpgFB_IMG_1581619314019.jpgFB_IMG_1581619315825.jpgFB_IMG_1581619318331.jpgFB_IMG_1581619320419.jpgFB_IMG_1581619322475.jpgFB_IMG_1581619324379.jpgFB_IMG_1581619326368.jpgFB_IMG_1581619328273.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm sure there is someone here that could point me in the right direction for what pieces I should be looking out for.

I was thinking either Medicom or one of HT first Blue Vests?

Medicom Tricorn Hat.

Anybody doing real fabric on the bandana and the charms....

I would say Original Medicom for the vest, or At World’s End HT. Could always give Zizzle a shot to try a less expensive route, might be a decent pants option too.

I would say Original Medicom for the vest, or At World?s End HT. Could always give Zizzle a shot to try a less expensive route, might be a decent pants option too.
Is there any comparison shots of those before I start purchasing anything? Been looking online and cant find many pics.

And Jacket?

Last edited:
Is there any comparison shots of those before I start purchasing anything? Been looking online and cant find many pics.

And Jacket?

As far as Zizzle, there's Michael Crawford's review, though no real coatless pics of the figure, but I see them go on eBay for around $20-$50.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_060206a.htm

I did find a few other pics though.

12inchcaptainjacksparrow.jpg

pirates-caribbean-jack-sparrow-12_1_197fdd331d885f949b869b244b77e5c1.jpg

review_medisparrow_8.jpg

Hot Toys At World's End

IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

I can't find many clear looks at the Medicom vest, I can check my person photos later. Hot Toys is nice, except the buttons are only glued on and easily fall off. It was tailored for the old, broad shoulder true types back in the day, but that can probably be easily worked with.

As far as Zizzle, there's Michael Crawford's review, though no real coatless pics of the figure, but I see them go on eBay for around $20-$50.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_060206a.htm

I did find a few other pics though.

12inchcaptainjacksparrow.jpg

pirates-caribbean-jack-sparrow-12_1_197fdd331d885f949b869b244b77e5c1.jpg

review_medisparrow_8.jpg

Hot Toys At World's End

IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

I can't find many clear looks at the Medicom vest, I can check my person photos later. Hot Toys is nice, except the buttons are only glued on and easily fall off. It was tailored for the old, broad shoulder true types back in the day, but that can probably be easily worked with.
Based on those pics I think the Medicom is the way to go. Just weather it up huh?

I realised I need the Medicom baldric as well.

Jacket Medicom too or DX? Thought I read somewhere someone dyed theres a more grey?

Based on those pics I think the Medicom is the way to go. Just weather it up huh?

I realised I need the Medicom baldric as well.

Jacket Medicom too or DX? Thought I read somewhere someone dyed theres a more grey?

Yeah definitely need Medicom baldric, maybe a mix of it with an HT Leather, one, the plastic doesn't have much give, but hangs good.

Now, the coat, ahh the coat, the one costume bit no one ever gets right.

You did read about someone making it more gray, it was me with paints, and it took me 3 tries before finally getting it to my liking. I painted a DX06 coat and 2 DX15 coats.

Here are the 2 DX15s, my first go ended up a greenish gray that I wasn't happy with so I took another stab on the right, which I am very happy with.

mtvKJ57.jpg

iAQ2pDu.jpg

K9lsZLd.jpg

As far as what coat to go with, I'd say either Medicom or DX15.

With Medicom, it's black, which to me is a better match without customization than the hershey brown all the HT coats and Medicom UU have, and the tailoring is a bit more form fitting than the DX coats are. The biggest negative is the buttons are cheap looking and glued on and don't look nearly as nice as the DX coat buttons, and there's no lining.

With the DX coat, being a lighter color I would say it's easier to customize, and the fibers in the DX15 capture the sort of pattern like the real coat, and overall, it's well made, aside from color, the only negative I'd give it is that the sleeves are a bit baggier around his arms, but it doesn't stand out too much.

Yeah definitely need Medicom baldric, maybe a mix of it with an HT Leather, one, the plastic doesn't have much give, but hangs good.

Now, the coat, ahh the coat, the one costume bit no one ever gets right.

You did read about someone making it more gray, it was me with paints, and it took me 3 tries before finally getting it to my liking. I painted a DX06 coat and 2 DX15 coats.

Here are the 2 DX15s, my first go ended up a greenish gray that I wasn't happy with so I took another stab on the right, which I am very happy with.

mtvKJ57.jpg

iAQ2pDu.jpg

K9lsZLd.jpg

As far as what coat to go with, I'd say either Medicom or DX15.

With Medicom, it's black, which to me is a better match without customization than the hershey brown all the HT coats and Medicom UU have, and the tailoring is a bit more form fitting than the DX coats are. The biggest negative is the buttons are cheap looking and glued on and don't look nearly as nice as the DX coat buttons, and there's no lining.

With the DX coat, being a lighter color I would say it's easier to customize, and the fibers in the DX15 capture the sort of pattern like the real coat, and overall, it's well made, aside from color, the only negative I'd give it is that the sleeves are a bit baggier around his arms, but it doesn't stand out too much.
Thanks man. I appreciate your help.

So as is probably start with this:

Medicom:
Hat
Pants
Vest
Baldric
"Piece of eight"

DX15:
Jacket
Serious Sculpt
Sword
Sheathe

DX06:
Shirt
Boots
Sash (I have it weathered already)
Leather belt

I'm thinking I need to track down a Enterbay sculpt just for that fabric bandana...unless there is a custom out there that I can find....

Will mod one of the hair pieces....probably the DX06 add real hair etc.

I've seen some fabric custom bandannas done, not for sale, and they were mostly solid and lacked detail, don't think i've seen one that looked close to accurate.

I'm planning to buy a DX06 smirk head at some point to have as an option for my DX15, while the overall quality of the DX15 heads is nicer, the smirk on the DX06 was much better and is classic Jack.

I've seen some fabric custom bandannas done, not for sale, and they were mostly solid and lacked detail, don't think i've seen one that looked close to accurate.

I'm planning to buy a DX06 smirk head at some point to have as an option for my DX15, while the overall quality of the DX15 heads is nicer, the smirk on the DX06 was much better and is classic Jack.
I agree. My favorite is the DX06 smirk. But for the COTBP look I'm going for is the first Appearance on the sinking ship into Port Royal so need to go with the DX15 on that. But since whatever hair piece I use will work for either can always swap out if in be.

I'm sure there is someone here that could point me in the right direction for what pieces I should be looking out for.

I was thinking either Medicom or one of HT first Blue Vests?

Medicom Tricorn Hat.

Anybody doing real fabric on the bandana and the charms....

It really depends on how accurate you want it. I've made my own COTBP Jack before and to get everything 'right' it wasn't cheap:

• Vest: OG medicom for the front blue panels sewed together with the accurate backing from the UU Jack Sparrow
  • Baldric (aka chest belt for sword and scabbard): Hand made by myself.
  • Sword: Angelica has the most accurate as it's a little rusty/weathered on the blade if I recall. Either of the DX scabbards will fit it. if not, either of the DX swords will work
  • Pants: hand made.
  • Boots: DX06 (but I like DX15 as well)
  • Shirt: UU Shirt is the most accurate but a DX06 shirt will be good enough. DX15 is too grey looking IMO.
  • Hat: Repainted UU hat as I was using the a customized UU headsculpt. if you go with the HT head the medi hat will fit with some heat. BUT if you add a fabric bandana, the medi hat wont fit. I've done it and even with heat and dremmling out the interior, it's just too tight. I go back and forth with the UU hat and the HT AWE hat.
  • Hands: UU Jack right hands with Enterbay Bruce lee left hands as the paint matched really well. add the dark spit on the back of the left hand between the thumb and index finger.
  • Jacket: At the time I was using the UU jacket, but now I would go MaulFan's rought and repaint the DX15 though I do feel the sleaves are long
  • Pistol: DX06
  • Compass: DX15
  • Belt: repainted DX06 light brown belt with buckle cut from the OG medicom plastic belt.
  • Sash: UU Jack Sparrow sash is the most accuarte.
  • Wrist wrap: UU Jack has a very accurate solf vinyl/rubber one or the DX06 fabric one will work.

This one was mine. I was still working on the baldric at the time. I have gone down to owning just one Jack now, which the DMC version I'm almost done with. That's my favorite POTC movie so this one has been scrapped.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back