Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Just about to unbox this guy tonight, any tips? Specifically the hair, what's the safest way to minimise the frizzyness? Thanks guys help would be awesome!

xIukLjV.png

That’s awesome. Every time I think about Salazar I hear...
ad0a129fd0367d2b8bc46c905ec2015e.jpg

Hi all. Just about to unbox this guy tonight, any tips? Specifically the hair, what's the safest way to minimise the frizzyness? Thanks guys help would be awesome!

I don't have the link anymore, but someone on Instagram had weaved the hair on the left side of his head among the plastic dreads, this took away the over poofy look some figures show in pics and I really liked it so I did the same with mine.

Looks awesome. I need a Davy Jones in my collection. Still trying to decide if aftermarket prices are worth it or just get the KO.

Looks awesome. I need a Davy Jones in my collection. Still trying to decide if aftermarket prices are worth it or just get the KO.

Mine is the KO and it's definitely worth it if you can find it for the right price. I believe there's a few on eBay for around $150 shipped.

I don't have the link anymore, but someone on Instagram had weaved the hair on the left side of his head among the plastic dreads, this took away the over poofy look some figures show in pics and I really liked it so I did the same with mine.
That's what I did with mine. Just weave it in to his dreads, so you still see it, but it's contained.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, it's actually not that bad in person but a good idea it it gets too frizzy!

Finally pulled the trigger on this and have a DX06 hat on the way.

Excited to set this up.

Incidentally, I have the diorama base, smirk face and DX15 hat for sale if anyone wants.

Thanks.

Before getting this figure, I felt a strong need to obtain the DX06 wheel, but having the DX15 base used in my display, I like it much more than the visual display I had before of Jack at the wheel. The wheel has more character significance, but visually is more like a prop, where the DX15 base is almost like transforming the figure display into a 3D poster and really pops on the shelf.

Keep forgetting I own this. Still in its box. Got to get around do to selling it.
What if you dont have to i wouldnt! I'd hang onto if like him ,but since still in box i guess your not a big fan idk? Such a stunning figure with major fun presence.
I doubt anyone will reprise Sparrow and replace Depp's fun loving role in many year's to come he created a Magic role we wont soon forget!

That’s a great Jack, Does somebody know How to post a picture. I wanna show My custom Davy jones

Just picked up a DX06 complete from a local guy for £125 over the moon as I wanted the wheel and also another Jack to display as I got my DX15 smirk sculpt modded to a teeth showing smile sculpt.

So many pose options with this. :panic:

Back