HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To even further clarify, in the name of nipping this in the bud, I understand that Hot Toys is a business, and I'm not begrudging Howard for making figures based on Marvel properties, but I don't like how every other property is marginalized for the sake of the Marvel figures, and, before you start talking about how popular the Iron Man figures are, I will go to my grave believing that the sales figures for a Returns Batman would be just as good, if not better than, those of, say, Bones, just as an example. Like I said, it isn't that he makes Marvel figures, it's that, for as much as he scrapes the bottom of the barrel to find new Iron Man releases (Rose Hill Tony Stark? Hell, War Machine 2.0 wasn't even in the movie!), he couldn't sacrifice one release on last year's slate, or the year prior, to release, at least, one of the figures he promised people?

I really don't know what your deal is Motuxmen.

You go into every thread as this preachy voice of reason, this herald of Hot Toys. You claim you're not an apologist, but that's exactly what you do. Licenses, releases, prices, you have an answer for everything when most of the time you're just speculating and jumping to conclusions like the rest of us.

batfan summed it up perfectly basically. Hot Toys and Chan said we'd see some 1/6 and 1/4 figures coming soon in late 2012. Then he said that Batman and Penguin were ready for deployment for December and would be shown. Then nothing for two years. Then recently they say "no plans for Catwoman and Penguin yet, but Batman will be coming soon". What is "coming soon"? Certainly not three years. Could there be some behind the scenes BS like you always want to claim? Sure. "Poor Hot Toys didn't get a license or sculpting approval. Poor Hot Toys didn't get the go ahead from WB and DC. Poor Hot Toys." Whatever it is, people don't have an avenue to vent their frustration because they're not in "the know", so Hot Toys will have to do. You know why? Because they're the ones that announced the license and said all this BS through various QnAs for the past couple of years. That's it really. It's their line of dolls, at the end of the day, it's their responsibility. These are the same ****ers that somehow got Jack Nicholson and Peter Weller to sign off on the dotted line after throwing a butt load of cash and convincing their way. They're not the underdog here, they're not the little company that could repressed by the bottom line.

Last edited:
batfan and DiFabio pretty much said all there needs to be said. I hope trying to nail down this was the reason for the delay.

Batman_Returns424.jpg

Maybe we get a PO by the time the Academy Awards rolls around, February 22.

Yeah, it better have an alternate Bruce Wayne sculpt, torn neck piece and alternate glider cape when it goes up.

If all they have to show for the line after this wait is a bare bones Batman, sort of like this,

Returns Hot Toys.jpg

then maaaaan. :lol

Add 1966 batmobile to the list. 89 batman, Joker, bat mobile, and mainly the 1966 bat mobile got me started collecting in late 2013. Totally agree with you batfan08, do not make promises or commitments you can not keep. I feel like a person who keeps waiting for my so called small order to be completed, but a millionaire puts his precieved much larger order in way after mine, and his is taking priority. My order keeps getting pushed back because more lucrative orders come in that need to be made. Before you know it, my order is never going to happen.

With all the Marvel and DC movies coming out, do we really believe the batman returns figures will see the light of day any time soon? There is too much coming out on figure side and movie. Sad the delorean is coming out before 66 batmoblie and Returns figures.

Well, I don't think it's sad the Delorean is coming out. I understand that they promised a lot of stuff and then only do some of the things they say they will do. Of all the 1/6 companies in the world, Hot Toys is the best and has the worst relationship with their costumers.
I wish they would spend some of all that money they're making and hire someone to talk to the fans. All the smaller companies take the time to respond with us. If you write Hot Toys there's 99% chance of NO reply.
That is just sad.
Believe me, I really want a Returns Keaton, still the best Bats film and the best Batman, and I keep hoping. I mean, if Hot Toys came here and read all this love for this character... Man, they would do that Keaton in a heartbeat. First of all, they would make a ****load of money and the fans would love them. Two best things for a company. Do it's like they don't really care... I don't know.
I love the fact that we're getting a Delorean. And a Marty. We probably wont get Doc, but at least we got two out of three.
A Batman, Catwoman and Penguin... man, that would be so effing cool.

Yeah, it better have an alternate Bruce Wayne sculpt, torn neck piece and alternate glider cape when it goes up.

If all they have to show for the line after this wait is a bare bones Batman, sort of like this,

View attachment 162903

then maaaaan. :lol

You know I would be happy if this is what we (eventually) get, although I would like the glider cape, not sure where I would display it but the option would be nice.

batfan and DiFabio pretty much said all there needs to be said. I hope trying to nail down this was the reason for the delay.

View attachment 162897

Maybe we get a PO by the time the Academy Awards rolls around, February 22.

I don't think I would ever use the HS if they did it, but I have my fingers crossed for those who do and its always good to have another option.

Speaking of options I wouldn't say no to an empty cowl, nice museum stance ftw ;)

Believe me, I really want a Returns Keaton, still the best Bats film and the best Batman, and I keep hoping. I mean, if Hot Toys came here and read all this love for this character... Man, they would do that Keaton in a heartbeat. First of all, they would make a ****load of money and the fans would love them.

You know I would be really surprised if they didn't have someone keeping an eye on Internet chatter... Trying to think like a business though I would thinking to myself if people want a figure from a 20 year old film they are likely to wait longer and I will still get the same sales values. I would know it would be best to press on with the next big shiny property; right now its Age of Ultron and next year it will be Civil War and Bats v Supes.

Thats me trying to think like a business though, maybe cynical maybe not.

That would probably cost $300+. But boy, would it shut us up.

If we get a Pops Terminator PO before this...there aren't words, it's as simple as that. :lol

After those speeches, Moto either left the building or is currently in the process of writing the longest reply in SSF history, I'm banking on the latter.

In retrospect, I should have blurred the hell out of that picture. Would have made a convincing, kick ass April fool's HTC teaser. :lol

fake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back