HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were shopped placeholders. There are certainly plenty of faces to choose from in the film.

Pissed off, "dat ass", goofy, sadistic smile, all ranges of emotion are pretty much covered. :lol

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it better have an alternate Bruce Wayne sculpt, torn neck piece and alternate glider cape when it goes up.

If all they have to show for the line after this wait is a bare bones Batman, sort of like this,

View attachment 162903

then maaaaan. :lol

I'd be surprised if we see much more than this, and with the way HT's prices have been, I would expect it to be no less than $250. A release with the glider and alternate head? Man, I would guess at least $350. And the forums would be lit up with nerd rage.

Not like it matters all that much to me anyway, there's a lot more important things to me in a figure than the amount of accessories. Most just end up sitting in the box. Good articulation is much more important. The obsession some people have with accessories kind of reminds me of a buddy of mine whose sole criteria for fighting game enjoyment was the number of characters in the game. How fun the game was wasn't important, as long as it had a bunch of characters.

I mean, look at DX09. Most of the displays I've seen have been just him, maybe standing on the base with the grappling hook. No one displays all those ridiculous accessories he came with (though they are cool).

I'd be surprised if we see much more than this, and with the way HT's prices have been, I would expect it to be no less than $250. A release with the glider and alternate head? Man, I would guess at least $350. And the forums would be lit up with nerd rage.

You would not hear any complaints from me. I only purchase items that I actually like. I also plan a head, if I know something is coming down the line, I prepare for it. Now, the other people on this board who foolishly buy any item from Hot toys, now they would be complaining, but it would be there fault, not Hot Toys.

View attachment 162988

To think people were boycotting keaton back in 89 and just look how ****ing awesome keaton was as Batman. To this day no batman has looked as good as keaton did in his costume.

I always loved Keaton as Batman, but then I was young in in the 90s when I saw Batman and Batman Returns and grew up on the dark and moody animated show (although I had a soft spot for Saturday afternoon Adam West Batman along with Knight Rider and The A-Team).

Keaton is up there at the top as my favourite Batman with Bale and commonly has the top spot depending on my mood. My ranking Batman only gets complicated if you include the animated :s

Long as he has a sculpt like the face you posted above CollectorGuy then I will be more than happy!

Not like it matters all that much to me anyway, there's a lot more important things to me in a figure than the amount of accessories. Most just end up sitting in the box. Good articulation is much more important. The obsession some people have with accessories kind of reminds me of a buddy of mine whose sole criteria for fighting game enjoyment was the number of characters in the game. How fun the game was wasn't important, as long as it had a bunch of characters.

I mean, look at DX09. Most of the displays I've seen have been just him, maybe standing on the base with the grappling hook. No one displays all those ridiculous accessories he came with (though they are cool).

The glider I can see. I wouldn't be too upset if that wasn't included.

A Bruce Wayne head though? That's a must. Honestly, it's not even a lot of accessories. A remote batarang, a double barrel spear gun, acid vial belt capsules and a reused grapple gun. Maybe the little sonar remote device he uses to trick the Penguin. I don't really see the Bruce Wayne Keaton head and glider being too exorbitant.

Case in point.

902328-captain-america-016.jpg

902203-falcon-018.jpg

Because if he didn't, the audience would never have seen the logo.

View attachment 162984
View attachment 162985
View attachment 162988

To think people were boycotting keaton back in 89 and just look how ****ing awesome keaton was as Batman. To this day no batman has looked as good as keaton did in his costume.

And to this day, IMO, Keaton's BR cowl is still unmatched. Just look at those sharp contours and over-all shape.

Anyway, not to sound like the man who seems to know how to explain everything Hot Toys, but I think AoU Cap went lower in price than expected since HT saved a great deal on making new sculpts. Keaton as Wayne would be a brand new headsculpt. HT would love to charge us for that.

As for Falcon, seeing that he's actually bare-bones, he could have been lower than $250 if it weren't for his wings, so I'd say the wings added a lot on his price. Though Keaton's glider is simpler by design as opposed to the articulated and lit-up wings of falcon, so it may not really add that much. Heck, HT can just add a snap-on one-piece molded glider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back