HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then, explain the need of an Ichabod Crane release. Why?

I get Groot, at least, I kinda do. IM? A given. 1/4 Fett? Hell, I'm getting that.

Crane?

Because that figure has a sponsor. The world of Tim burton exhibit requested the figure. And are helping to produce(money), market, and sell the figure. And given that it's just a head sculpt and cloth it's much much easier to produce then the returns batman. Also, burton waived/covered the license fee. Which isn't the case with the returns batman.

As for the other posters critique of my fresh comment...fresh as compared to this. There is currently a new film with iron man. The oldest film is 2008. The biggest movie of next summer is iron man. The iron man being released now(one of anyway). This returns batman is 20 years old. It was released originally on vhs and laserdisc. So iron man is very fresh comparatively. And fresh as in, almost everyday there is new media focusing on iron man. When's the last time Burton Batman was the highlight? Was the top of entertainment news? Again, iron man maybe we'll used, but since it's still the focus of new media, games, movies...still fresh.

Where was DX 09 still available? Not Sideshow, not Alterego, Cornerstorecomics etc. BBTS had some I remember, but the remaining stock was $300+. It was a better seller than Superman, Joker, Jack Sparrow, and Bespin Luke if we're basing it on "sell out", right? I'd imagine it was a little better than "okay". It certainly wasn't like the '66 Batman figures, MoS Superman figures, Bank robber Joker, etc. etc. If DX 09 is considered mediocrity in terms of popularity and success as far as a figure release goes, then there must have been a serious revision of history that I missed.

I don't know how it did in Hong Kong, Japan or the Philippines (I know HeubertMichael said they still had them when people were upset about them selling out, but that wasn't the US), but the response was always positive. Surely it had to have been a good seller for Hot Toys? This was before now a days where figures are getting clearanced out and sitting in stock for well over a year. DX 09 was released in January and was gone by fallish. Tons of acclaim, positive reviews, hype, pictures, custom capes, etc. if that didn't result in great sales, then I don't see how we can measure what is, other than Iron Man of course.

Also, no way did I imply that this would be as popular as Iron Man, nobody here would refute that. Iron Man is at the very top of this whole thing unfortunately, as is Marvel and Star Wars as a whole. They own the 1/6 market. BUT, c'mon, for a 20+ year old "dinosaur", Keaton Batman is as relevant as ever. There's been a buzz going around about it for months, moreso than Arkham or even Bale Batman. There's been a nice resurgence with Keaton Batman and BTAS animated Batman due in part to TOYS and anniversaries. That's besides the point though. The fact is, we've recently gotten John Matrix, Ichabod Crane (both of which I'm not against by the way), Tonto, John Blake, the Wolverines, Marty McFly, Malificient, ****ing ASM2 Electro! A new Michael Keaton Batman has got to be "worth it" to people just as much, if not more than all those other releases. I don't think that is hyperbole or simply my own bias.

Of course things like Avengers 2 or Iron Man/Captain America 3 and Star Wars 7 are more relevant. Of course they are. But they also weren't teased almost three years ago from a Collectible toy company. The owner didn't say "reveal for December 2012" every time it was asked in a QnA. Things get pushed back, production schedules change, but this is ridiculous. They shouldn't have even bothered. We wouldn't even be discussing this right now if Hot Toys didn't announce this back in 2012. Think about that. It only arises because of Hot Toys and their damn "coming soon" announcement. It's going to be 2015 now, that's not coming soon. If they don't have time for it and Keaton Batman, Burton/Batman isn't relevant, than they should have stopped after the '89 Batmobile.

Last edited:
Because that figure has a sponsor. The world of Tim burton exhibit requested the figure. And are helping to produce(money), market, and sell the figure. And given that it's just a head sculpt and cloth it's much much easier to produce then the returns batman. Also, burton waived/covered the license fee. Which isn't the case with the returns batman.

As for the other posters critique of my fresh comment...fresh as compared to this. There is currently a new film with iron man. The oldest film is 2008. The biggest movie of next summer is iron man. The iron man being released now(one of anyway). This returns batman is 20 years old. It was released originally on vhs and laserdisc. So iron man is very fresh comparatively. And fresh as in, almost everyday there is new media focusing on iron man. When's the last time Burton Batman was the highlight? Was the top of entertainment news? Again, iron man maybe we'll used, but since it's still the focus of new media, games, movies...still fresh.

Like Tonto, no one will buy it. Period.

Makes no sense. But whatever.

What do I know?

I do get annoyed with all the release's when all we want is 3 figure's from this line and would be happy and silence this returns line. They can pump out EVERY IRONMAN N NOLAN figure but dance around this SO CALLED LINE. I only want the Bat ,THE CAT , THE PENGUIN and the BATWING JET. I'm already broke from 2015 release's might as well release them hot toys and here is my Flippin money. I want my batman to RETURN ALREADY......:impatient:

Yes, buddy, yes! Just give us those three and we'll be on our merry way. You can pump out 100 Iron Men, you won't hear diddly from us no mo'.

Bottom line:

We wouldn't even be going on and on about these if Hot Toys hadn't teased them back in 2012 with the "1/6 and 1/4 coming soon" announcement. Avengers 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars 7 weren't even a "thing" then. Hot Toys initiated it, not us. Seriously, if they didn't announce they had the Batman Returns license and Chan never said "Batman and Penguin are coming in December 2012", these threads wouldn't be here. We'd be content with what we have because there wouldn't be an expectation for it. There wouldn't be any discussion, crying or whining.

In hindsight, I don't know why they pursued it in the first place. January 2012 there was already hype for the DX 09 Batman because that is when it was first starting to hit. So you had that, Spring for DX 08 and The Dark Knight Rises hype (which would reveal 1/4 Bale, DX 11, DX 12, Catwoman and Bane). That was enough Hot Toys Batman hype for that span of 8 months. Seriously, what did that announcement achieve? Nothing. They could have had that announcement in January 2014 and it would have had the same effect on the community. Makes no sense. That "rushed" good faith prototype was even more of a **** tease. "Oh hey, we haven't forgot about this, look, see?!?!" Then still 5 months later, nothing. Buried under dozens of other releases nobody saw coming so quick, so soon. The "no plans" for Penguin and Catwoman" after years of saying that late December BS is just that, bull ****.

From all the current offering (incl. BD T-800, Diecast Robocop, anything SW) and pre-orders I would prefer to own the three Batman Returns figures first. For reasons unclear (maybe the long wait) these three feel like the MAIN EVENT!!!

A very close fourth is BD Robocop!

Where was DX 09 still available? Not Sideshow, not Alterego, Cornerstorecomics etc. BBTS had some I remember, but the remaining stock was $300+. It was a better seller than Superman, Joker, Jack Sparrow, and Bespin Luke if we're basing it on "sell out", right? I'd imagine it was a little better than "okay". It certainly wasn't like the '66 Batman figures, MoS Superman figures, Bank robber Joker, etc. etc. If DX 09 is considered mediocrity in terms of popularity and success as far as a figure release goes, then there must have been a serious revision of history that I missed.

I don't know how it did in Hong Kong, Japan or the Philippines (I know HeubertMichael said they still had them when people were upset about them selling out, but that wasn't the US), but the response was always positive. Surely it had to have been a good seller for Hot Toys? This was before now a days where figures are getting clearanced out and sitting in stock for well over a year. DX 09 was released in January and was gone by fallish. Tons of acclaim, positive reviews, hype, pictures, custom capes, etc. if that didn't result in great sales, then I don't see how we can measure what is, other than Iron Man of course.

Also, no way did I imply that this would be as popular as Iron Man, nobody here would refute that. Iron Man is at the very top of this whole thing unfortunately, as is Marvel and Star Wars as a whole. They own the 1/6 market. BUT, c'mon, for a 20+ year old "dinosaur", Keaton Batman is as relevant as ever. There's been a buzz going around about it for months, moreso than Arkham or even Bale Batman. There's been a nice resurgence with Keaton Batman and BTAS animated Batman due in part to TOYS and anniversaries. That's besides the point though. The fact is, we've recently gotten John Matrix, Ichabod Crane (both of which I'm not against by the way), Tonto, John Blake, the Wolverines, Marty McFly, Malificient, ****ing ASM2 Electro! A new Michael Keaton Batman has got to be "worth it" to people just as much, if not more than all those other releases. I don't think that is hyperbole or simply my own bias.

Of course things like Avengers 2 or Iron Man/Captain America 3 and Star Wars 7 are more relevant. Of course they are. But they also weren't teased almost three years ago from a Collectible toy company. The owner didn't say "reveal for December 2012" every time it was asked in a QnA. Things get pushed back, production schedules change, but this is ridiculous. They shouldn't have even bothered. We wouldn't even be discussing this right now if Hot Toys didn't announce this back in 2012. Think about that. It only arises because of Hot Toys and their damn "coming soon" announcement. It's going to be 2015 now, that's not coming soon. If they don't have time for it and Keaton Batman, Burton/Batman isn't relevant, than they should have stopped after the '89 Batmobile.

You may be right that it was sold out. I can't recall either way for sure. But I thought a few places still had it up. Either way, doesn't really matter. Let's go with it sold out completely in 9 or 10 months. That is an ok seller. When the top stuff lasts days or weeks, and the low stuff lasts a year or year and a half that means this is exactly in the middle. Again, ok.

As for the other examples you brought up, like JM commando (proven likeness thru predator and terminator ect) that can be resized over and over, and that actor is in the new terminator movie too. So they can use that head again. The weapons can be recycled on anything from movie to military figures. Tonto was in a new movie, AsM2 was a new movie for electro (that figure hasn't released yet either has it?), john Blake was in the most recent batflick. Wolverine as well. Marty mcfly would be one I can see issue with, but mostly because of the delorean. That figure is a simple one compared to returns batman. And BTTF has had as much or more recent press then returns. From the Lego set to the hover board.

My point is, there are business reasons that things are done the way they are. It's not because they are out to get one fan base or another. There are so many things that go into production of these figures. Some are not even in hot toys control. For all we know the hold up could be with WB/DC not approving the likeness and holding up things. It could be that they pushed the announcement and proto up to be shown in time for the batman 75th, hoping that would generate buzz, or because the studio requested it.

Why's everybody picking on Ichabod Crane? The Sleepy Hollow teaser card was on display at Ani-Com before Returns was even announced, I'm pretty sure. I was thrilled when the Arkham and BTTF figures were finally revealed, so, I know how it feels to wait forever for something I want. Let those Crane fans have their moment, dammit; they've waited long enough.

I posted the returns batman poster on hot toys page and asking Where is the Batman somebody commented tommorow sure only time will tell.:impatient::lol oooooooooooo K if he's up tommorow ANNIE i'll be shocked n happy. cya tommorow.:wave

Why's everybody picking on Ichabod Crane? The Sleepy Hollow teaser card was on display at Ani-Com before Returns was even announced, I'm pretty sure. I was thrilled when the Arkham and BTTF figures were finally revealed, so, I know how it feels to wait forever for something I want. Let those Crane fans have their moment, dammit; they've waited long enough.

I wasn't beating up on the Ichabod Crane, just using it as an example along with Matrix and McFly as obscure (obscure as in relevance) releases amongst the myriad of Iron Man and Marvel/Disney.

Damn looks like next year for this guy:thud:

They even had Snake Pliskenn come out before BR:pfft:

I wasn't beating up on the Ichabod Crane, just using it as an example along with Matrix and McFly as obscure (obscure as in relevance) releases amongst the myriad of Iron Man and Marvel/Disney.

Oh, that wasn't directed towards you, man. Just some of the sentiments I was seeing in the thread from other people.

Don't get me wrong, if I use that is simply because I'm bitter and I want my Returns Bats.

I have nothing against freaks that expect that figure, in fact I'm really happy for all ten of them.

Well, at least that Mayor guy has the benefit of taking out his anger on Iron Man. It no longer bothers me, but, ****, if you're going to place blame anywhere, place it on the giant Marvel machine. They've got like 7 new figures being announced this week, and of the 7 (announced thus far), 6 of them have been Marvel: Stark, Groot (which would be amazing if he was life-sized), MK XLIII, Thanos, Ultron, and Hulkbuster IM.

My hope is that they'll have some non-Marvel stuff, but, nevertheless, saying that you're pissed about not getting to see Returns because of Sleepy Hollow is the equivalent of me going to my local theater and complaining that I can't see the latest Hunger Games on the biggest screen because Birdman's got two showings in the smallest theater, when The Hobbit's the movie playing on the big screen.:lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for Returns. It's been a long time coming, and I'm dying to see it fully realized, but, I don't know, I guess I'm just more patient than I used to be.:lol

We may not see this until after the Batfleck.

HT should realize Keaton is hot now with Birdman, he may even win the Oscar. Wake up, Howard.

It almost feels like they released this teaser to shut us up at this point. Everything was going great for awhile there and now it's back to Marvelmen everywhere.

And now they have Star Wars..so, yeah.

Also,I just realized I was still in my 30's when this was first announced.

I am now 42.

Anybody think they'll relaunch the Burton Batmobile? I passed on the DX09 Batman, I would love to get Returns Batman, but I'd rather have him posed next to the Batmobile instead of the Penguin.

It would be great to see re-launch the batmobile again, its hard to get hold of now(apart from hiked up evilbay) Plus it would tie in nicely with a BR figure, strictly speaking most of the vehicle features are from BR not 89 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back