HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont have any issues with batfleck at all, the issue i have is with the movie itself. The whole stupid versus thing and stupid extra characters like wonder woman being in it. They should have just skipped this movie and went straight to JL if they wanted to have these characters together in a movie.

^^^ Even more reason to skip straight to JL and try to copy some of what Avengers has done :lecture

They are copying what avengers has done...slowly introduce new characters in the previous films then once we are introduced, go and do the big ensemble cast thing....that's what studios do, try to replicate the success because it's a proven formula...they're usually too conservative to take any risks otherwise.

The problem with DC movies right now is they are only concerned with catching up to Marvel instead of making quality films. Marvel Studios set out with a plan to create a Cinematic Universe before they even released any movies. DC all of a sudden decided they needed to create a Cinematic Universe and catch up while Marvel was already into Phase II. But instead of coming out with a quality plan they decided that Man of Steel was going to be the first movie in the Cinematic Universe after it was already out. The big problem is MOS was a complete turd IMO. A lot of die hard Superman fans agree as well. Definitely not a movie you want to base your Cinematic Universe out of. DC has not made a quality movie since 2008. MOS was bad, Green Lantern was absolutely terrible, and Dark Knight Rises was a let down. Right now I have no faith that DC\WB can make a quality superhero movie anymore.

Wow I would never say Man of Steel was bad or that the Dark Knight Rises was a letdown. I think the MOS was great. There's a funny thing about comic book fans. They seem to want the same over and over and something different is a turd. I've been a Superman/Batman fan for a majority of my life and I saw plenty of Superman goodness in that film. Guess I'm in the minority. I've got plenty of opinions on the film but don't want to totally veer this thread off course.

Quite looking forward to the DX15, whenever it gets released! I'm patient enough.

The problem with DC movies right now is they are only concerned with catching up to Marvel instead of making quality films. Marvel Studios set out with a plan to create a Cinematic Universe before they even released any movies. DC all of a sudden decided they needed to create a Cinematic Universe and catch up while Marvel was already into Phase II. But instead of coming out with a quality plan they decided that Man of Steel was going to be the first movie in the Cinematic Universe after it was already out. The big problem is MOS was a complete turd IMO. A lot of die hard Superman fans agree as well. Definitely not a movie you want to base your Cinematic Universe out of. DC has not made a quality movie since 2008. MOS was bad, Green Lantern was absolutely terrible, and Dark Knight Rises was a let down. Right now I have no faith that DC\WB can make a quality superhero movie anymore.

:goodpost: :exactly: I agree with everything, except for the MOS part. While it wasn't necessarily the movie I was hoping for I did enjoy it. It was a bit dark and different, but just enough to be an entertaining take on Superman. I definitely do agree though that it wasn't a starting point for a franchise. They basically scraped Superman 2 in favor of BvS crap to jump start a universe that is gonna be drab dark boring and unexciting. DC is so determined to not be Marvel and be grounded and more realistic, so they can say their different, that they're going about it all wrong. Superman is the light "all that's good in man", Batman is the dark "all that's bad in man". From the trailer for BvS, it looks like Batman is the light standing up for man, and Superman is the dark. Totally wrong!! They should've made Superman 2 1st and introduced kryptonite by using Brainiac, then a new Batman, then the crossover leading into the JL movie. Sorry, but without Superman's achilles heel, Batman is just a laughable opponent at best. Doesn't matter how much he can outsmart or outwit Superman, he'll lose every time....

Personnaly i think we didn't saw a good DC movie since 1992... :dunno

This.

:lecture

tumblr_n11pz1xwyP1tozqk3o1_500.gif

:goodpost: :exactly: I agree with everything, except for the MOS part. While it wasn't necessarily the movie I was hoping for I did enjoy it. It was a bit dark and different, but just enough to be an entertaining take on Superman. I definitely do agree though that it wasn't a starting point for a franchise. They basically scraped Superman 2 in favor of BvS crap to jump start a universe that is gonna be drab dark boring and unexciting. DC is so determined to not be Marvel and be grounded and more realistic, so they can say their different, that they're going about it all wrong. Superman is the light "all that's good in man", Batman is the dark "all that's bad in man". From the trailer for BvS, it looks like Batman is the light standing up for man, and Superman is the dark. Totally wrong!! They should've made Superman 2 1st and introduced kryptonite by using Brainiac, then a new Batman, then the crossover leading into the JL movie. Sorry, but without Superman's achilles heel, Batman is just a laughable opponent at best. Doesn't matter how much he can outsmart or outwit Superman, he'll lose every time....

:exactly:

My big beef with the DC franchise ever since Nolan came in is that they are obsessing with trying to overground their superheroes to a point that the movies are lacking in the fun and re-watchability department, and move at a snails pace. And Snyder's Man of Steel just highly focused on overly produced visual shots, explosions and had a tone of general bleakness. Pretty much the exact opposite of what I want in a Superman movie, where the superhero should have more heart in it than any other. I can already tell from the 2 minute BvS trailer that this movie is going to focus on the exact same level of bleakness and probably even more. Its not that I think that a movie with Batman in it should be light or anything, but it is a superhero movie and should focus heavily on fantasy and fun and be so entertaining it should never feel like a chore sitting through the whole thing. Thats how all of Nolan's and Snyder's movies feel to me. Thats why for me personally I think Burton got what a Batman movie should be like better than anyone.

yeah burton really did make batman his own thing when he did it. It's really a shame they didn't let burton have it his way with forever, they wanted him to dumb it down :slap

A bunch of kid's parents wrote tons of hate mail to WB about Batman Returns giving their kids nightmares. That was another reason why WB decided to lighten it up after Returns. I would have loved to see a third Burton Batman movie, but I'm happy to have the 2 that we do.

batman's parents were freaking MURDERED!!! It's not supposed to be a happy story! :slap And from what i understand WB sabotaged Forever before it hit theaters. That a lot was cut and was originally going to be closer to a burton film than what was shown. I personally still have a soft spot for Forever (love the sonar suit) but would like to have seen it the way schumacher originally filmed it.

batman's parents were freaking MURDERED!!! It's not supposed to be a happy story! :slap And from what i understand WB sabotaged Forever before it hit theaters. That a lot was cut and was originally going to be closer to a burton film than what was shown. I personally still have a soft spot for Forever (love the sonar suit) but would like to have seen it the way schumacher originally filmed it. Oh and the Forever batmobile was SWEET!

batman's parents were freaking MURDERED!!! It's not supposed to be a happy story! :slap And from what i understand WB sabotaged Forever before it hit theaters. That a lot was cut and was originally going to be closer to a burton film than what was shown. I personally still have a soft spot for Forever (love the sonar suit) but would like to have seen it the way schumacher originally filmed it. Oh and the Forever batmobile was SWEET!

I will always love Forever. It definitely has some camp to it, but it's still a lot of over the top fun, which is the number one reason I love superhero movies. And it has a very nostalgic value to me. I also loved the Forever Batmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back