Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first 1/6 figures I purchased last year was the 89 Keaton Bats and then Joker to go with him. I was blown away how scary life like he was and how much he looked like jack. Then 89 Bat mobile third purchase and I got hooked since. Have mime Joker still sealed and have not cracked him open yet. I will have to do that. Still waiting till I buy are new home so I can display my 130 plus figures that are still boxed up. :(

This guy weigh quite a bit. Didn't expect it to be that heavy. I thought samurai predator was have, this is heavier.

Hey guys. Got a Mime Joker today. Can you display him with the backdrop in an Ikea Detolf shelf? Will it fit?

some pics, hope to have time for posing soon...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

THEJOKER14

code i just got from sideshow...
brings it down to $165 shipped w/ extra rewards in case anyone is looking for one...

I was considering cancelling the order I placed for this guy during spook, but I think I'll keep it. Will probably cancel Mandarin though... maybe. One day I have to rebuy my 89 batman and regular Joker. Traded them away a few months ago.

I bought this guy during the spooktacular sale and just got around to unboxing him last night. Wow! Such a great figure. To be honest, before I opened him up I was having a bit of buyer's remorse. Now that I have him on the shelf, however, the remorse is all gone. The base is huge though. The thing looks awesome and he looks great standing on it, but it makes him so tall I can't even have him wearing the top hat. For now I think I'll leave the stand and if I need more space later I may take the stand out of the display.

Forgive the horrible phone pics

2nter12.jpg

24q30o2.jpg

2h72sfs.jpg

If they made this limited and exclusive it would be long sold out. It's honestly the best figure ht has put out in a while

If they made this limited and exclusive it would be long sold out. It's honestly the best figure ht has put out in a while

I don't know about that. It is a very good figure and the likeness is amazing, but I wouldn't call it THE best figure they have put out in a while. One of the best, sure, but not THE best :)

That would be insane then. Imagine:

Less than $140 gets you the iconic Joker portrayed by the one and only Jack Nicholson.

$270 plus shipping gets you BRJ 2.0!

Interesting seeing the different thoughts on this guy.

I think the detail on him is excellent, but I was never a fan of that outfit in the movie. That said, he looks great in the displays people have been posting here. If you're a big Joker fan, he makes an interesting addition.

In terms of loads left in warehouses, I guess he's not as popular as the other models. There have been various deals on him lately. You can get him in the UK from places including us for £149.95 if you look around. That's quite a bit cheaper than other Hot Toys 1/6 figures.

Is he worth getting? If you're a fan of Jack Nicholson as the Joker, then sure. But I don't think he'll have the resale value of more popular outfits. Personally, I loved the Heath Ledger DX version. Those flew out the door and deservedly so. Both figures are just as detailed. It just depends which character you preferred. I thought Heath Ledger was the best movie Joker. So dark and twisted. So that's why I leaned more to that figure.

I don't think the actor has anything to do with it. It was the costume choice in my opinion. As nice as this figure is, nobody was really clamoring for the Mime look. If it had been a museum or Mob version everyone wanted I bet it would have sold relatively well.

Look at this,

DC Comics The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) Sixth Scale Fi | Sideshow Collectibles

This one has sold terribly. Why? Not because it's Ledger but because it's an over priced, non-purple suited repaint. The Joker figures aren't the only ones that have been slow sellers either, look at Man of Steel, Batman '66, Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.

Back