Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the same exact thing.

three.jpg

"Black and white, red and green."

Too bad all three were not in the same movie. They look good together!!

Am I the only one that still likes those Prince songs. They're part of the nostalgia for me. I cut and pasted them into the Danny Elfman score.

I only like Partyman and Trust, they really fit the scenes with the Joker, I think it meshed well.

The rest of the soundtrack? Meh, don't really like it. Though I remember being quite fond of "The Future". I bought the wrong soundtrack set back in the day thinking it was Elfman's score. :lol

Scandalous I'm pretty nostalgic towards. I remember that playing during the credits after the great Elfman score. When I was young, I didn't know that was Prince, I thought it was a woman. Then I saw the music video . . . :horror

I only like Partyman and Trust, they really fit the scenes with the Joker, I think it meshed well.

The rest of the soundtrack? Meh, don't really like it. Though I remember being quite fond of "The Future". I bought the wrong soundtrack set back in the day thinking it was Elfman's score. :lol

Scandalous I'm pretty nostalgic towards. I remember that playing during the credits after the great Elfman score. When I was young, I didn't know that was Prince, I thought it was a woman. Then I saw the music video . . . :horror

:exactly: I think they work. I only had the movie-used tracks in mind.

Is Scandalous based on the Elfman love-theme from the film? The melody is similar when I think about them. There'd want to be some connection really. Listening to the song reminds me of my old local cinema, since closed, where I first saw the 89 film. It had a very particular smell that cinema, that wasn't just popcorn.

Meh :dunno

Are you forgetting BATDANCE! :lol

:exactly: I think they work. I only had the movie-used tracks in mind.

Is Scandalous based on the Elfman love-theme from the film? The melody is similar when I think about them. There'd want to be some connection really. Listening to the song reminds me of my old local cinema, since closed, where I first saw the 89 film. It had a very particular smell that cinema, that wasn't just popcorn.

Yeah, Scandalous is based on Elfman's Vicki and love theme. I think that's why I get a sense of feelings towards it.

Am I the only one that still likes those Prince songs. They're part of the nostalgia for me. I cut and pasted them into the Danny Elfman score.

No, I dig them too. Well, Trust and the song played at the Museum. I had the the soundtrack years ago I didn't really care for the rest of but those two. They were great in the scenes they were in.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

You are not alone my friend. I still like them, like you say, they were all part of the build up to the first big budget BATMAN on screen. And some of them are just good songs. Personally, I like "Electric Chair" and "Vicky Waiting"...but then I like Prince's particular brand of funk.

I have "Party Man" playing out of my computer's speakers as I type this.

I love the WHOLE Prince soundtrack. I liked that he designed it so that some of the songs are in Batman/Bruce Wayne's voice / Joker's voice/ and Vicki's voice...(meaning from their point-of-view not their actual voices...except when he DID use actual audio snippets from the film). I thought that was a very creative approach.

I also like that the songs were specifically written and performed for the film, not like a lot of soundtracks where they just throw in a bunch of pop songs that kinda-sorta have some relevance to the movie (if you squint) but existed way before the movie they are attached to and aren't really inspired by it.

That said, I don't mix my Prince soundtrack with the Elfman score. I usually listen to each separately once in a while, and each retell the story of the movie in my mind in a different way. Elfman's moody score reminds me mostly of the darkness and the exciting action scenes, and Prince's soundtrack is almost like listening to a radio drama/musical adaptation of the movie, where all the characters explain what they're thinking out loud.

I like my soundtrack listening experiences to be as close to the film as possible. So I reorder the tracks if need be and pull tracks from elsewhere ala the Prince songs. I know some composers prefer to present their music in their own chosen way for soundtrack albums but it annoys me to be honest hearing a track that played near the beginning of the movie as one of the last tracks on the album etc etc.

Feel screwed with my Joker DX08.

DX01 : 2 headsculpt + cop set :
130516062426740884.jpg

DX04 : 2 PERS headsculpt :
130516062436307922.jpg

DX06 : 2 PERS headsculpt :
130516062441753834.jpg

DX07 : 2 PERS headsculpt, 2 bodies, 2 set of clothes :
130516062449554813.jpg

Why they didn't put this HS and the Mime clothes in the DX08 ?

Actually I haven't even attempted that! I don't know the Nolan films well enough yet.

Haha, don't even bother trying. With the retail soundtracks it's impossible to arrange it in strict film order. There is a bunch of overlap and blend-in, weird transitions and mixing of completely different scenes from completely different parts of the movie within the same track. It jumps all around, it's a mess. Some fan-cut soundtracks are more complete and put all the musical cues in the right film order though.

Because They know how to take out our money...
At least it works with me...

So is it likely now that you will only see the rest of the batman line , Catwoman and Penguin, after this release and only if this sell well

Back