Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel screwed with my Joker DX08.

DX01 : 2 headsculpt + cop set :
130516062426740884.jpg

DX04 : 2 PERS headsculpt :
130516062436307922.jpg

DX06 : 2 PERS headsculpt :
130516062441753834.jpg

DX07 : 2 PERS headsculpt, 2 bodies, 2 set of clothes :
130516062449554813.jpg

Why they didn't put this HS and the Mime clothes in the DX08 ?

You can't really use those as a gauge for a DX. It's either feast or famine with the DX sets.

Look at the the DX10 and Michael Jackson.

The only thing for sure on a DX is PERS and a big box with foam inserts.

Yup, exactly.

DX 02 didn't come with a lot.

DX 03 didn't come with anything.

DX 08 just had every accessory the character had at that point.

DX 09 was the same as the above.

DX 10 could have easily have been an MMS.

Besides, DX 07 Luke was $300+ dollars, the recent DX 11 Joker was $275, pushing $300.

The only thing that makes a DX a DX are moveable eyes, foam and a big *** box that takes up space. There's also usually some little trinket of some kind be it a booklet, cards, batarangs, batsignals, joker signals, etc. etc. but not even those are consistent.

If "DX" status was about accessories, then this guy should have been one,

T-1000-13.jpg

But he wasn't, it was a $160 MMS. If that came out today, you can bet your *** it would be priced at $200+ if not more.

I would venture to guess that whatever the timeframe for the likeness license on Jack was getting ready to end. It is an odd choice to roll out as a DX14, but for HT to get another cash grab without uping on the license could have been a big reason for the timing on this release.

There were many negotiations to aquire Jack's approval and likeness, so best to use it now then get back to the table and not get approval again for another release in the next 3-5 years. But damn 50% of DX release is Batman, should just call it D(B)X.:lol

Last edited:
But damn 50% of DX release is Batman, should just call it D(B)X.:lol

When you put it in perspective, the DX line does seem more like a Batman sub-line than anything else. :lol

50% Batman

14% Terminator

7% Michael Jackson

7% Bruce Lee

7% Star Wars

7% Pirates of the Caribbean

7% Indiana Jones

DXlineup.jpg

Looking at that image, there seems to be a pattern forming. Next DX should be a Batman again (Returns?), followed by another Terminator (Police shootout?). Then it's right back to Joker.

Just kidding of course. ;)

Looking at that image, there seems to be a pattern forming. Next DX should be a Batman again (Returns?), followed by another Terminator (Police shootout?). Then it's right back to Joker.

Just kidding of course. ;)

Dude I hope you right!

Really strange choice for a figure. Doesn't look bad. Not really interested, though. Especially for $230. I always thought he looked kinda stupid in that scene. The Betty Boop lipstick does it.

It does look a little sparse for a DX figure ... especially for a niche, one-scene variant like this. Ought to include more than it does.

SnakeDoc

I think standing him next to the colorful Jack, this will even pop out more. I'm very happy we are getting this.

:lol:lol:lol

My problem with this figure is, it not being a major look from the film, and yet still looking cool enough for me to want - if I were to buy it it'd mean I'm in ***** deep for the entire Burton Batman line. Whereas if it were museum Joker I might be able to buy that and be completely satisfied (assuming it had a likeness as good as this), no other figures needed. Buying this though will nurture a completist need to buy everything and I'm trying to get away from that. :gah:

:lol:lol:lol

My problem with this figure is, it not being a major look from the film, and yet still looking cool enough for me to want - if I were to buy it it'd mean I'm in ***** deep for the entire Burton Batman line. Whereas if it were museum Joker I might be able to buy that and be completely satisfied (assuming it had a likeness as good as this), no other figures needed. Buying this though will nurture a completist need to buy everything and I'm trying to get away from that. :gah:

Don't worry about being a completist, you seem to like this figure, so buy it because you like it and think it's cool. That's what anyone should do. If you saw the spec/pics and were excited and thought, "I want that". If it it triggered a response, than GO FOR IT.

Same thing goes for the next Batman, Penguin and Catwoman. There's no guarantee that they'll all turn out great. Maybe you'll see them and be like, "eh, those aren't as good as I had hoped".

Besides, you're not a completist, you're not buying the Batmobile.

Back