Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool looking figure. I'm surprised at that lack of anything with it though. I thought that was the whole draw of the DX. The fact you got "stuff" with it.

It would look pretty cool as just a single display although so would the original I guess.

I would have preferred the Mob Joker we all talked about ages ago to the Mime.

That said, I find the mime Joker a very appealing novelty. Pjam used that term and I find it to be a perfect description for this figure: a novelty

:goodpost: I to am drown to this for some reason. hmmmm

Ultimately, I'd like to see the following:
-1st appearance Joker with his revolver, the bloody newspaper, a chair, a cardboard "Grissom's office window" dio, and, if they were feeling generous, an alternate hatless head with his "wait'll they get a load of me" expression.
-Mob scene Joker with a joy buzzer, an alternate head with a "smeared forehead", a handkerchief, and Rotelli's charred corpse.
-Museum Joker with gift box, another flesh toned head with a different expression from the mob scene version, a "Boo!" Head, Alicia's mask, a beret, a paint brush, a pallet, and a reversible dio/ figure stage with detachable stairs(for a "where does he get those wonderful toys" display), and an alternate floor with the "bird dance" statue and pedestal.
-"Joker products" Joker with a reversible dio ("beach"/"grocery store"), a shopping cart with various products, a beach chair, sunglasses, and two cardboard "who's that Joker" standees.

Mouth is different. Everything else is the same though.

Yeah, my bad. I see it now.
It looks okay. Quite a specific costume and makeup.
You'd think for that money, they give you a couple of costumes and perhaps an alternately painted sculpt of the same head so you could maybe pull off a couple of looks with the set.

Just the bloody PERS? Lightest figure I've ever seen for a HT DX.

Better be sure,

Hot_Toys-Michael_Jackson-Bad-DX03-2.jpg

Unless I can find this for dirt cheap this is an easy pass for me. I love this film but does this approximately 3 minute scene warrant an entire figure? And with a DX label at that? Gangster meeting jack, museum jack with runny makeup, heck even pre axis chemicals jack Napier come to mind as more memorable looks than the feather throwing scene. I'm not complaining as something besides an iron man release is refreshing but this release is puzzling. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a ton of batman related releases including the returns line

Wow. Yeah that is barebones. There really is no consistency. PERS and a more spaceconsuming box is the only constant with DX.

Wow. Yeah that is barebones. There really is no consistency. PERS and a more spaceconsuming box is the only constant with DX.

And a light-up base that I noticed a lot of collectors don't use for they take up a lot of shelf space.

Wow, half of the DX line so far is Batman and Joker. Anyway, I think this one's a great-looking figure, but I'll save the $230 so I would ONLY need $700 more when BR Batman, Catwoman, and Penguin comes out for PO.

Back