Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh. I dunno. You were right, I'm not completely over that. I'd be even less so if I bought this figure.

Ohhhhh SNAP.

I thought that was a sure thing (you passing). Yeah, you're definitely going to break when that bad boy starts showing up in Asia and there are pics. Guaranteed. :lecture

The nice thing about the Terminator and '89/Returns Batman stuff is that they're sprinkled out. They're easier to buy because there's not a back to back glut of them. Not to mention nostalgic feelings towards them. Thank god this isn't Iron Man or else I certainly couldn't keep up (financially or room wise).

Not too impressed with the texturing on the face sculpt but overall not bad. I wouldnt mind having this figure in my collection but I can't justify paying full price.

Not even going to lie... I'm a Burton Batman completionist.

When they first mentioned "civilian Joker" I was hoping for the Mobster Joker and said "I wouldn't be THAT excited about a mime Joker"

As soon as I saw an image of it on Facebook I went all Tobey Maguire.
cry-about-it-lol.gif

I said that before but let me repeat myself again:) This figure isn't the ultimate Joker for sure but the purpose is to make a companion and make a difference! In the movie the color scheme of the Joker is nearly the same except the mime scene! Maybe that would be cool to have the Art Gallery scene Joker and there would be lots of extras like the 1/6 picture which Joker writes "Joker was here!" :) But common this Mime Joker is so cool:)

Ohhhhh SNAP.

I thought that was a sure thing (you passing). Yeah, you're definitely going to break when that bad boy starts showing up in Asia and there are pics. Guaranteed. :lecture

The nice thing about the Terminator and '89/Returns Batman stuff is that they're sprinkled out. They're easier to buy because there's not a back to back glut of them. Not to mention nostalgic feelings towards them. Thank god this isn't Iron Man or else I certainly couldn't keep up (financially or room wise).

In theory yes it would be easier as indeed it is in actuality for most people. But with me and my insistance on multiples with Terminator it pretty much brings it on par with the Iron Man scenario. And theres no point in me even pretending that I would be satisfied with 'just' 1, 2 or even 3 DX13s. I hate sacrificing one cool display possibility for another. So although its just one new Terminator figure coming out it represents a big spend for me, like 2 batmobiles spend.

If I wasn't doing that I'd probably have no hesitation ordering all the Burton Batman stuff but I am and thats my primary weakness. In the meantime though I see a sculpt like this and straight away I'm finding it tough to resist.

It may pass. And thusly I may pass. If I buy it'll be an ebay order on the actual release of the figure. I'm not preordering as I hate cancelling things.

Last edited:
I am going to throw some points at this to drop the price and PO it. I really like the look, I am a major Joker fan and I enjoyed the scene in the movie.

Still waiting for the Penguin :impatient:

Keep your eyes on the prize gentlemen. Don't let your anticipation for returns tempt you into this figure. I'm saving my $$ for penguin, bats, and cats!

Ohh. I dunno. You were right, I'm not completely over that. I'd be even less so if I bought this figure.

Why are you not getting it? Is it space?
I actually can't wait for that bad boy to come out! And I'm sure you'll end up getting it when pictures pop up, just like difabio says.

And it's true about these Batman related figures being spaced out, financially speaking its a godsend!

I really can't take anymore IM crap (although i just HAD to get Iron Monger and a Mark VII) so this is a welcome surprise for me.
Wasn't Nicholson charging more for the likenesses though? Even as bare bones as this is, i expected it to retail for more than 230.00$.

I said that before but let me repeat myself again:) This figure isn't the ultimate Joker for sure but the purpose is to make a companion and make a difference! In the movie the color scheme of the Joker is nearly the same except the mime scene! Maybe that would be cool to have the Art Gallery scene Joker and there would be lots of extras like the 1/6 picture which Joker writes "Joker was here!" :) But common this Mime Joker is so cool:)

:exactly::goodpost:

why aren't they releasing figures they promised ages ago and concentrate on those before announcing such crap like this....I have way more hopes with HT vs EB, don't destroy it HT

why aren't they releasing figures they promised ages ago and concentrate on those before announcing such crap like this....I have way more hopes with HT vs EB, don't destroy it HT

Most of this was already made back when they made DX08. It's a cash grab for sure, but it is also beautiful.

Would have been better as a rare convention exclusive.
People would have gone mental and paid a fortune if this was a hard to get exclusive.

But as a full blown release? I wouldn't worry about pre-ordering because I think these are going to be around for a looooong time.

I will say this, it sort of bothers me when I have more of a variety (as in options and looks) of one character over another, especially when they're counter parts. In this case it's the bad guy (the Joker) over the good guy (Batman).

It's probably just me, but it sort of messes up my display when I've got more of one over the other. There isn't a balance. I've had this problem with the TDK Joker and TDK Batman as well as the Terminator and T-1000.

In the back of my mind I'm hoping they pull a battle damaged Batman or Returns armor out of their *** before this guy hits just so my displays are balanced out.

I can see another Keaton 89 Bats being done- BD or maybe one with a Keaton HS included and Batcave chair or something for a special DX release...

I will say this, it sort of bothers me when I have more of a variety (as in options and looks) of one character over another, especially when they're counter parts. In this case it's the bad guy (the Joker) over the good guy (Batman).

It's probably just me, but it sort of messes up my display when I've got more of one over the other. There isn't a balance. I've had this problem with the TDK Joker and TDK Batman as well as the Terminator and T-1000.

In the back of my mind I'm hoping they pull a battle damaged Batman or Returns armor out of their *** before this guy hits just so my displays are balanced out.

I feel ya. I'm thinking this is going on my Sweeney Todd shelf unless they release a BD Bats or until the Returns villains.

Back