Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the packet you can make out tyre marks! Yes FedEx left skid marks!!!
Dizzy WP_20150209_003.jpg

Hey guys! I need some advice... Maybe from someone that enjoys the terminator character as much as tony stark...
Right now, i have the chance to either get a tech noir mms 136 terminator or the mechanic tony stark...
Without considering price difference, which one would you take?
I know this is not the thread for those figures, sorry for that...:/

Hey guys! I need some advice... Maybe from someone that enjoys the terminator character as much as tony stark...
Right now, i have the chance to either get a tech noir mms 136 terminator or the mechanic tony stark...
Without considering price difference, which one would you take?
I know this is not the thread for those figures, sorry for that...:/

Hahaha..l yeah i know... :S
I dont want to make it seem as i were comparing the characters... Its just that i enjoy very much, each of them, in their own right...
Im not sure how to make myself clear... Hehe...
Its just that i like each character in their own way.., and right now, i have the chance to get one of them at a good price... And im not sure wich one to pick...

Tony Stark gets made every other month. But there was only one Tech Noir T-800. He remains arguably the best Terminator release from HT, especially if you give him the pants and boots from MMS238.

Hehe, you won Dev...
Arnie should arrive in about a month...
By the way, saw your promo-like pics of the mms 136 with the lether jacket, it looks awesome!

Hehe, you won Dev...
Arnie should arrive in about a month...
By the way, saw your promo-like pics of the mms 136 with the lether jacket, it looks awesome!

Oh yeah thanks, proud of that one especially after finalising him with the new jacket and the new pants and boots from MMS238. The ''Teapot'' T-800

Finally decided to get this guy, and should hopefully have him by the end of the week. So without having to read through 1382 pages, can anyone give me a quick rundown on any glaring inaccuracies or mods that need to be made to this? It already looks pretty damn good to me as is, but I know there are always issues of some kind that crop up. :D

I know in a SW thread someone said something about needing to remove some of the extra "goop" on the face or something...

Love the pic!
...Sadly, i couldnt find the boots or the pants on ebay...:(

Keep checking, they'll always pop up.

Finally decided to get this guy, and should hopefully have him by the end of the week. So without having to read through 1382 pages, can anyone give me a quick rundown on any glaring inaccuracies or mods that need to be made to this? It already looks pretty damn good to me as is, but I know there are always issues of some kind that crop up. :D

I know in a SW thread someone said something about needing to remove some of the extra "goop" on the face or something...

That's true, they went overboard with the blood to a degree that the endoskeleton parts look bronze rather than silver/'chrome' and as a result don't stand out as much as one would like. And it's excessive on the fleshy areas too, they felt they were being realistic about it one supposes but personally I'd prefer if they just stuck to what you see in the movie.

Rubbing alcohol is helpful in lessening the blood - dip a Q-tip into the solution and very lightly rub the areas that have the excess blood. Not too hard though because you could rub away underlying paint as I did in one area of the chest on one of my figures. It's effective on the headsculpts mainly. For some reason the blood on the knee and BD-arm is more stubborn. The rubbing alcohol I got was actually a Surgical Spirit antiseptic from a pharmacy. But it did what I needed.

Other than that there hasn't been anything else that's been widely done. I replaced the leathers on mine with MMS117 jackets, pants and boots where I could, I prefer the look and tailoring of those older clothes, I added wear & tear myself.

^Awesome, thanks. And yeah it did seem to me from pics that the figure was looking a little TOO bloody and gory somehow. I know the entire final act of the movie was bathed in the orange glow of the factory, so it's hard to know for sure, but I still think they went a bit overboard with that.

Back