Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interest list for a young John Connor figure. Jump aboard people.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137231

Possibly another stupid question - where might I purchase this? Off-license? Pharmacy? DIY store? :lol

If you are serious, yeah I found Pharmacys, drugstores, even grocery stores carry 90% rubbing Alcohol :lecture

Now that I see rubbing alcohol worked, I have some ideas that I can use for the stripping of the blood, but I haven't decided yet, I want see the big guy in person to see what I want to do.

If you are serious, yeah I found Pharmacys, drugstores, even grocery stores carry 90% rubbing Alcohol :lecture.

I was serious yeah, just trying to cover myself in case it was a question with a very obvious answer! Its not something I would typically be buying.

I put some leather conditioner on my white streak on the pants, and it's not that noticeable in most lighting conditions. The more I mess around with DX13, the more I love it!!! Here are some pics from my play session last night :)

great poses and thanks for pointing out the white streak clearly in the video.

I guess with the shades the DX10 is flawless Arnold :clap

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I really like the amount of blood my headsculpts have on the actual metal parts. In the right lighting, they really look like chromed metal with some bloody residue on them, which is exactly what I would expect. :peace What I don't like so much is the 'jelly' on the skin of Arnie's forehead.

All in all, I LOVE this figure. But if a braver man than I can figure out how to get some of that jelly off the forehead without messing anything up, that would be LEGIT. :yess::yess:

11091096686_07c212eac4.jpg

Simple shots like this, incredible lifelike likeness to T-2 Arnold!

HTs :bow

Ok so I got my Dx13 today looks fantastic but my grenade launcher is missing the pin to hold it together. Any recommendations?

Lovely shot by DEATHASYLUM there. To be honest I'm not fond of the human eye being upturned to that degree but beautiful clarity in the pic and it shows the detail very well. Its been called waxy and soft but not based on that shot it isn't.

Can you remove some of the excess blood on the flesh as well?

:clap Nice work..good to know there are options!

Will the method work on the fleshy blood smeared parts

Maybe? I may give it a go later this weekend.

So...maybe a silly question...what kind of alcohol are we talking here? Can I simply break out a can of Lager? :lol

Any old generic 90% rubbing alcohol ,a-dev. I bought mine from Wal-Mart but you can get it anywhere; CVS, Rite-Aid, Dollar General etc.

Heres the stuff I bought.

I think you and someone else said that. Unless its been you both times.

I must admit I've been kinda suspicious that this may be the case, especially after Difabio shopped over the battledamage and made it look like a clean sculpt. It looked pretty fat-headed. I dunno. I'd like to be wrong.

I know I said it in my review I posted a few paged back.

The chrome part looks perfect now Fiend :clap
That's a better finish than you could ever get with silver paint (which 90% of chrome paints actually are).
And I think full on chrome would be out of scale with this. That looks like problem fixed to me. :clap

Did you try on the skin? I'm still def going to repaint the skin/blood area, make it more detailed.
Think I'm gonna do a job on this at the w.end.

Thanks Rory. :)

Like I said earlier I haven't tried it on the skin but it may work. That's a 'might' try.

Crazy that in a couple years this figure will look dated!!! Even crazier is that we can't see how dated it is today!!!! Man I must be smoking some good ****!!!

I put some leather conditioner on my white streak on the pants, and it's not that noticeable in most lighting conditions. The more I mess around with DX13, the more I love it!!! Here are some pics from my play session last night :)

Screw that, contact who you purchased it from.

You could also try to apply some heat to it a rub it. At lest that was a old pleather/vinyl seat trick.

Back