Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine looks to be about the level of blood that Fiend has after taking it off. My partial damage is more on the orange side. I may try removing some off it.

After sitting with it for a bit, Im not as crazy about the partial damage as the major one. I think the major one is dead on perfect. I think the partial looks too wide through the eye area. Still awesome just not as dead on.

I think you and someone else said that. Unless its been you both times.

I must admit I've been kinda suspicious that this may be the case, especially after Difabio shopped over the battledamage and made it look like a clean sculpt. It looked pretty fat-headed. I dunno. I'd like to be wrong.

11192379963_eeddba7194_b.jpg

11192232335_cd7ff21591_b.jpg

Beautiful pics, love them! :clap

Mine looks to be about the level of blood that Fiend has after taking it off. My partial damage is more on the orange side. I may try removing some off it.

After sitting with it for a bit, Im not as crazy about the partial damage as the major one. I think the major one is dead on perfect. I think the partial looks too wide through the eye area. Still awesome just not as dead on.

Agreed. I like the semi damaged head but the full one is spot on.

Jaw dropping figure. I just wish they had a more suitable holding hand for the grenade launcher.

How is everyone having the hand hold it properly? It's a bit lob sided and I can't quite get it to look like it's holding the launcher naturally.

Overall my favorite figure in my collection so far. A ton of display options. No time to properly mess around with him though.

11192379963_eeddba7194_b.jpg

11192232335_cd7ff21591_b.jpg

Very nice pics man congrats!:clap:goodpost::hi5:

Re: Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

Holy **** my dX13 is here!!!! Wasn't expecting it until the middle of December!

EDIT: no it isn't, it's a part I ordered :slap

Never been so happy and then disappointed in such as all amount of time

:lol We've all been there, buddy!

The wait continues for me. Knobheads at parcelforce sent it back to the national hub again, AFTER it reached the northwest sorting centre where i am :slap. Its getting beyond a joke, i could drive to china and pick one up faster than parcelforce can deliver it :rotfl.

I can't wait to see this in person though. I wonder when it hits UK retailers as i still have on on PO over here.

The wait continues for me. Knobheads at parcelforce sent it back to the national hub again, AFTER it reached the northwest sorting centre where i am :slap. Its getting beyond a joke, i could drive to china and pick one up faster than parcelforce can deliver it :rotfl.

I can't wait to see this in person though. I wonder when it hits UK retailers as i still have on on PO over here.

Who have you PO'd with? I have my PO with ToyHQ and they confirmed date of the 20th Dec :) Will have this before xmas :yess:

Who have you PO'd with? I have my PO with ToyHQ and they confirmed date of the 20th Dec :) Will have this before xmas :yess:

My po is with lee over at collectibles direct.

That's just taking the piss.

it really shows how crap our delivery service is though, It took 2 days to get from HK to here yet its taken a week and 2 days to go through our system:slap

Jaw dropping figure. I just wish they had a more suitable holding hand for the grenade launcher.

How is everyone having the hand hold it properly? It's a bit lob sided and I can't quite get it to look like it's holding the launcher naturally.

Apologies if this comes off weird but are you using the correct hand? I'm using the right handed grip with the BD left arm and it fits perfectly.

agyvu6ej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. The chrome paint is on there good and proper. Just a little pressure with 90% rubbing alcohol dipped Q tips and the blood comes off. It's layered it seems like.

I took the rest off.

IMG_5775-Copy_zps7e9a0caf.jpg

IMG_5777_zps17579f7e.jpg

IMG_5776-Copy_zpsbad52e3c.jpg

Nothing special. I'll try to take some proper pics this weekend.

IMG_5792_zps440ccc09.jpg

The chrome part looks perfect now Fiend :clap
That's a better finish than you could ever get with silver paint (which 90% of chrome paints actually are).
And I think full on chrome would be out of scale with this. That looks like problem fixed to me. :clap

Did you try on the skin? I'm still def going to repaint the skin/blood area, make it more detailed.
Think I'm gonna do a job on this at the w.end.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I really like the amount of blood my headsculpts have on the actual metal parts. In the right lighting, they really look like chromed metal with some bloody residue on them, which is exactly what I would expect. :peace What I don't like so much is the 'jelly' on the skin of Arnie's forehead.

All in all, I LOVE this figure. But if a braver man than I can figure out how to get some of that jelly off the forehead without messing anything up, that would be LEGIT. :yess::yess:

11091096686_07c212eac4.jpg

And it's the fiend for the save!!!:clap

I will be doing the same thing. I have a ton of rubbing alcohol.

a-dev all it is is just plain simple rubbing alcohol. It can also be called isopropyl alcohol which is the same thing just a different name. You need to look for the stronger stuff that is 90'%. I've seen it come in 50% and 70% but you will want one that is 90%

Interest list for a young John Connor figure. Jump aboard people.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137231

And it's the fiend for the save!!!:clap

I will be doing the same thing. I have a ton of rubbing alcohol.

a-dev all it is is just plain simple rubbing alcohol. It can also be called isopropyl alcohol which is the same thing just a different name. You need to look for the stronger stuff that is 90'%. I've seen it come in 50% and 70% but you will want one that is 90%

Possibly another stupid question - where might I purchase this? Off-license? Pharmacy? DIY store? :lol

Yeah I was watching the movie in HD last night and I did notice that he did have blood splattered on the chrome like the figure, just not so much on the skin.

anyways I'll be the judge.. got my tracking, DX13 on route... hopefully tomorrow, if not Thurs and Friday for sure!

I still don't know my ideas in terms of pics yet for you guys, because I have no shelf space or special shelves like the most of you have in all these pics and my lighting sucks! :slap

I just hope when I get him in my hands the ideas will just come to me.:pray:

The wait :impatient::impatient:

I put some leather conditioner on my white streak on the pants, and it's not that noticeable in most lighting conditions. The more I mess around with DX13, the more I love it!!! Here are some pics from my play session last night :)

Back