Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

Couldn't agree more. I remember being a little kid watching this in the theatres and this scene had me choked up. It was and still is a guy-cry moment.. Not that I ever do. Wuss.

Off the top of my head, the only guy-cry moment I can think of is in Braveheart, Gladiator and this.

.. The only guy cry moment for me was in the end of the movie "warrior" that too at this age! .... :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sigh - Still have not been charged. I pre-ordered as soon as it went up. I'm sure it's not far away but I like to see that shipped email :)

I POd it also as soon as it went live. Checking every hour for that email hoping it shows up. Hope everyone waiting for their shipping email gets theirs soon.

Has anyone ever wondered exactly why the T-800 is able to disobey John's order not to go and die?
Because after he destroyed the T-1000 he completed his main objective and the last thing needed to be carried out was to destroy his chip.

Obeying John flew out the window and into the lava pit.

Because after he destroyed the T-1000 he completed his main objective and the last thing needed to be carried out was to destroy his chip.

Obeying John flew out the window and into the lava pit.

Yeah but destroying Cyberdyne and all traces of himself weren't part of his programming. He was only following orders and used his logic to determine that he himself would have to be destroyed given the objectives John and Sarah had. He could have made the case to John that he too had to die but he should still have been subject to John's orders you would think....

My waitlist just converted for a ex I placed back on July 9th:yess:

Has anyone ever wondered exactly why the T-800 is able to disobey John's order not to go and die?

You could say future John explicitly told him to self terminate after mission completion regardless of any circumstances, including orders from young John.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

You could say future John explicitly told him to self terminate after mission completion regardless of any circumstances, including orders from young John.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

That's a possibility. I'm not sure that was the intention but you could rationalise it that way.

A-Dev - i'm stoked about this figure i cant imagine what you must be feeling, especially getting multiples. I envy you:)

By the end of the film the T-800 wasn't just a mindless cyborg following a mission, it was it's own entity. He was just as much involved and interested in the destruction of Cyberdyne as John and Sarah was. In fact, it was mostly his idea to "prevent the war".

I just saw the ending as the Terminator's full understanding of the situation. The T-1000 is destroyed, he himself is on his last leg. If he exists, he is essentially the future (like that cut line alludes to). He understands he has no real purpose now and must sacrifice himself to prevent the war. He can override John's orders because he can think and choose to. While he doesn't feel and can't cry, he can think like a human being.

By the end of the film the T-800 wasn't just a mindless cyborg following a mission, it was it's own entity. He was just as much involved and interested in the destruction of Cyberdyne as John and Sarah was. In fact, it was mostly his idea to "prevent the war".

I just saw the ending as the Terminator's full understanding of the situation. The T-1000 is destroyed, he himself is on his last leg. If he exists, he is essentially the future (like that cut line alludes to). He understands he has no real purpose now and must sacrifice himself to prevent the war. He can override John's orders because he can think and choose to. While he doesn't feel and can't cry, he can think like a human being.

"My CPU is a neural net processor; a learning computer"

So by the end of the movie he got his learn on.

Back