Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit ever since getting the dx10 it has focused my collecting alot, I sometimes veer off to strange places sometimes(I'm looking at you fat steven seagal figure):lol I plan to keep things more focused going forward, outside of terminator I'm still getting the amazing spiderman figure cause I'm a big spidey fan, but I also currently have hulk, soild snake, and major bludd on po and those might get canceled at some point, not sure. I'm not silly enought to think I can just stick to terminator but I have cut the dark knight rises figures already so thats a start.

As far as dioramas go I love yours btw I like small ones for my collection personnally cause I have no nice way to display large dio's and prefer my collection to be displayed in glass cabinets as not to become ubtrusive to my home decor.......don't want to have to explain to my wife why theres a section of a mental hospital on the coffee table:panic::lol

:lol

You know I just couldn't pass on that dio when Vialli put it up for sale. Size and obtrusiveness mattered not.

I took a bit of a step tonight in reducing to just Terminator - cancelled DX11 Joker - I may yet get him in the future because he's pretty iconic and I still haven't totally given up on having a few classics outside of Terminator. But that list I put up earlier today frightened me. A lot of Terminator and Robocop stuff, not even accounting for the multiples I'd ideally like.

a-dev said:

Can never get enough of these pics man! so awesome! :clap

Maxx Replicas built it up to and including the part of the elevator with the wall controls. I finished off the elevator and built the ceiling. It wasn't a deliberate collaboration, he made it for Vialli who then had to sell. I bought it off Vialli and decided I really wanted the rest of that elevator finished.
Maxx really has a way with light and dios. his Tron dios are the bees-knees

I think these 2 will end up being a couple of my faves to own...I love the t1000 and the terminators released before but will be interesting if do the whole line up in dx mode.....I know sarah could be improved a bit but hope we get them all redone again. 1ST terminator ,sarah, t1000 and some endoskeletons from t1 and t2

Thanks guys. I just realised that the first link I gave wasn't the full 'overview of the dio' but rather the original dio as Maxx Replica's built it before I added my part to it. Went back and edited my post.

You know I just couldn't pass on that dio when Vialli put it up for sale. Size and obtrusiveness mattered not.

I took a bit of a step tonight in reducing to just Terminator - cancelled DX11 Joker - I may yet get him in the future because he's pretty iconic and I still haven't totally given up on having a few classics outside of Terminator. But that list I put up earlier today frightened me. A lot of Terminator and Robocop stuff, not even accounting for the multiples I'd ideally like.

The dio is sick and if anyone should own it it should be you:hi5: I went looking for your list but got lazy after a few pages and gave up, was it in this thread? I remember seeing it but don't remember what was on it aside from the dx13, dx10, and the enterbay 1/4 bd, I have avoided the 1/4 scale stuff so far cause of cost and space but I cannot denie they do look epic but 1:6 is good enough for me.

The dio is sick and if anyone should own it it should be you:hi5: I went looking for your list but got lazy after a few pages and gave up, was it in this thread? I remember seeing it but don't remember what was on it aside from the dx13, dx10, and the enterbay 1/4 bd, I have avoided the 1/4 scale stuff so far cause of cost and space but I cannot denie they do look epic but 1:6 is good enough for me.

Thanks Skull :1-1:

Yeah, all the Terminator stuff:

DX10
DX13
HT 1:4 endo
EB 1:4 BD T-800
EB 1:4 endo
HT 1:4 Police Shootout T-800

and

Robocop
ED-209
Cain
Oh and EB 1:4 Robocop if that ever happens

I wish I had your resistance on the 1:4 stuff, I commend you sir, but I can't help myself. I want it.

Ouch. I bet that was tough.

Thanks Skull :1-1:

Yeah, all the Terminator stuff:

DX10
DX13
HT 1:4 endo
EB 1:4 BD T-800
EB 1:4 endo
HT 1:4 Police Shootout T-800

and

Robocop
ED-209
Cain
Oh and EB 1:4 Robocop if that ever happens

I wish I had your resistance on the 1:4 stuff, I commend you sir, but I can't help myself. I want it.

Well the good news is alot of that stuff has'nt even gone up for PO yet so aleast you got alot of time to save:wink1: Don't get me wrong I want it to and if money were no object they would be mine, I came soooooooo close to ordering the first enterbay t800 at one point if it were in-stock at that time I would own it today, but when I finally caved they were all sold out:monkey2 I do have a giant arnold figure though from my childhood, I still have my commando figure from the mid 80's in the garage:lol

I'm about to cancel the DX 12 and the Batpod so I can splurge on Terminators, especially this one. I keep trying to convince myself that they both turned out alright and look good, but deep down I know they don't. $500 for the two of them seems like a waste.

Won't cancel the DX 11 Joker though. It looks way too nice to cancel, plus I put money on it already and got the exclusive. I'm pretty excited for it even though I already have a crap ton of Jokers. If it's Jack Joker or Ledger Joker, I'm buying it, just like I do with Terminator. Thankfully I have absolutely no interest in TDKR Cratwimmin and Bain. **** them. Money saved.

I was going to get Bespin Luke and a few other releases, but **** it. I've got to focus on Terminator and the upcoming Batman Returns and Robocop offerings.

That'll be my focus,

- Terminator (all)
- Batman Returns
- Robocop

The '89 Batmobile is a done deal since I put money on it.

Is it just me, or did they do a better job on the neck for this body? It looks much more realistic and lifelike in the anatomy than MMS117 or DX10 look.

I noticed that to.

Seeing these hi res pics makes me think I'll have to buy two DX13. My wallet will not be looking forward to that.

Though I think I'll stick with just the one DX10, and leave it in the cyberdine mini gun look.

I'm about to cancel the DX 12 and the Batpod so I can splurge on Terminators, especially this one. I keep trying to convince myself that they both turned out alright and look good, but deep down I know they don't. $500 for the two of them seems like a waste.

Won't cancel the DX 11 Joker though. It looks way too nice to cancel, plus I put money on it already and got the exclusive. I'm pretty excited for it even though I already have a crap ton of Jokers. If it's Jack Joker or Ledger Joker, I'm buying it, just like I do with Terminator. Thankfully I have absolutely no interest in TDKR Cratwimmin and Bain. **** them. Money saved.

I was going to get Bespin Luke and a few other releases, but **** it. I've got to focus on Terminator and the upcoming Batman Returns and Robocop offerings.

That'll be my focus,

- Terminator (all)
- Batman Returns
- Robocop

The '89 Batmobile is a done deal since I put money on it.
\

Go ahead. That's what I did. I have my Medix and I kept asking myself do I really need this? Especially after the sculpt was such a let down. I kept telling myself Im a big Batman fan and I need it to compliment the Joker etc. Again like you I have zero interest in TDKR so I'm saving money on those other two lame figures. I dunno, I may pick up DX12 for cheap down the road or maybe just the body. I've avoided the DC section as a whole lately.

I sold the original Hot toys T-800 the beginning of this year and got quite a bit more than I paid for him to put towards other Sideshow figures.
I had a feeling Hot Toys would eventually redo this figure and looking at the pictures in the first page he looks perfect.
The one thing that bothered me a little bit about the original T-800 was that something was just off about the face...almost as if Arnold's chin was pushed up too much causing his face to look rounder than what it is supposed to. Obviously this new version has fixed that problem.
I can already feel my wallet burning.

On the other hand, it would've added a redemptive component to the narrative - a murderous robot capable of learning the value of human life.

Hmm, I don't know about that (at least not without re-writing the part where John orders him not to kill entirely out of the movie). The film made it pretty clear that he saw no value in human life; only satisfaction that he'd followed his orders (like when he scans the parking lot for fatalities after the Cyberdyne battle). At least that was my take.

The scene where John orders the T-800 not to kill can be left in, that's the point I was making. T-800 enters bar, kills a bunch of bikers 'cause he's a killing machine, then ceases to kill thanks to John's little diatribe. You're right, the T-800 doesn't learn to value human life per se - but even though it's an order he's responding to, it's still a redemption of sorts if he subsequently avoids taking human life throughout the rest of the movie.

Did he kill them bikers in that bar? I thought he beat they asses pretty bad but didnt kill em. Hmmm gotta watch it again soon its been awhile,think ima go pick up the bluray this week.

Back