Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he might know the construction but did not understand the functional bugs.
you see, it's not normal to pour tears in amount of crying. what's wrong with your eye-oil ducts, he asks according to your version. they should not leak that bad, let's fix them with some tape and glue :)

I suppose 'whats wrong with your eyes?' could be interpreted as 'whats wrong with your tear ducts?', I dunno.

Yeah, that always got to me too. Another one, even a bigger one I think, is after John tells him he can't go around killing people he asks "Why?" I would think Skynet would at least try to keep a low profile if possible. It doesn't show of course with all the **** being blown up but you would think that would be basic. You don't kill people( outside a threat or target) in 1991 because its illegal etc.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

True. Killing just anyone leaves a trail that could be followed by meddlesome police or say, a T-1000. So it doesn't really make sense for him to kill the jocks simply because hes a Terminator.

Of course, we can find these nits if we look for them. But Cameron said early on that you have to take a lot of the stuff in these things with a grain of salt. The fact is, he makes them realistic enough that the audience isn't sitting there questioning things constantly as the movie progresses. What happens makes sense in the universe that he has constructed. We come along for the ride, and enjoy it because the films are really masterfully crafted (T1 and T2, that is). But the most basic premise of T1 is pretty odd--you send an infiltration robot disguised as a human, yet have him look like Mr. Universe so that there is no way he would really go unnoticed. But it is for the good of the movie, so we roll with it.

The problem with movies like the Star Wars prequels is that the unnatural behaviors, logical inconsistencies, etc. work in such a way that viewers are taken out of the film and can't enjoy it. Cameron doesn't make that mistake.

Also true. Particularly the last bit. Add Indy 4 as guilty of that in bold.

But are you saying that some of the details of the actual endoskull are wrong?
This part...

Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg

wiiiQ.jpg

but that part is not a wrong endoskeleton part, it's a wrong flesh wound shape :)

It's both. The piston for the jaw is the wrong shape and it's missing the sort of "C" shaped hinge thing.

Other than that though I love the look of the endoskull and the eye.

I do like the fact that eye looks like it has a lot of space around it...something that was impossible with Arnold's prosthetic. It's pretty much the only bit of "artistic license" that I actually prefer.

I have to say, despite loving this figure and breaking my rule to get it, I'm fairly disappointed in the full BD head. The eye has a great lack of detail and the forehead damage just doesn't look right to me.

The forehead damage isn't right...the same with most of the damage on that head. Does it look good? Sure, but I suppose that's arguable. Is it accurate? No.

I suppose 'whats wrong with your eyes?' could be interpreted as 'whats wrong with your tear ducts?', I dunno.
well... after you put it that way, the alternate explanation really looks fake.
if that was the case, he'd ask "why are your eyes pouring liquid too much", not "what's happening at all".
so you're right, and "i have detailed files on human anatomy" joined with "what's wrong with your eyes" is a bug/mistake.

It's both. The piston for the jaw is the wrong shape and it's missing the sort of "C" shaped hinge thing.
i see. i guess i'll have a blind spot for that place to ignore it )

Last edited:
The forehead damage isn't right...the same with most of the damage on that head. Does it look good? Sure, but I suppose that's arguable. Is it accurate? No.

We know the knee damage isn't accurate but I don't think we need complain, pretty easy to understand why they did what they did there. I don't think the chest damage is accurate either from what I can tell. I mean it looks fantastic, probably better than what the real chest damage looked like - but again, like the head, theres a bit too much fleshy gore where there should be exposed endo.

well... after you put it that way, the alternate explanation really looks fake.
if that was the case, he'd ask "why are your eyes pouring liquid too much", not "what's happening at all".
so you're right, and "i have detailed files on human anatomy" joined with "what's wrong with your eyes" is a bug/mistake.

i see. i guess i'll have a blind spot for that place to ignore it )

Just one of those lil things. T1 probably has stuff like that we could point out too.

God, totally forgot about that, Andrew.
Still love it, just looked through it.
All the poses you recreated 100%.
Quality stuff right there...

:rock
:clap

:hi5:

Imagine if I shipped the whole lot to Maulfan for him to take his shots. I'd replace the MMS117 with DX10 though.

Imagine if I shipped the whole lot to Maulfan for him to take his shots. I'd replace the MMS117 with DX10 though.

:thud:
Dude, I already cried and passed out after I set up my new shelf with my CURRENT set of Terminator figs and lighting and all was done.
You can´t do this to me.
:rotfl
Sean prolly would´ve taken this to...like...Terminator 2.5 by the quality of his pics.
:lol

That would be a lot of fun, and I appreciate the support of my photos, your sets show a very thorough recreation same as I'd approach it. If I get this HT figure, I will end up wishing I still had the others, no T-1000 fight shots, but still a grail figure.

That would be a lot of fun, and I appreciate the support of my photos, your sets show a very thorough recreation same as I'd approach it. If I get this HT figure, I will end up wishing I still had the others, no T-1000 fight shots, but still a grail figure.

I have to say, if there's anyone who can do a figure justice with a camera, it's you. Despite the fact I'm actually getting this myself I'm looking forward to seeing your photos :)

Not once did I consider the DX10. Just couldn't see anything about it I liked or wanted.

This one however is amazing. I had to order 2 so I can have both stages of damage on the shelf.

Can't wait.

Actually it was your own Pescadero photo series that inspired me to try my hand at the same thing. I expect you'd have gotten the lighting more like the film and each shot framed and presented better but I impressed myself nevertheless.

Perhaps you should make room in your budget to buy back the T-1000. Or who knows, maybe they'll re-do him as an actual DX.

Back